It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhodri is decent if you're not expecting him to tackle too much and he does infuriate me when he let's players run past him so easily instead of just getting his bulk in the way.

Exactly! This was handsdown one of the most frustrating things to witness last season from Rodri.

I know Pep ”doesn’t coach tackles” but ffs, if Rodri sees the opposition come at us and he’s facing the guy in the middle of the park, you use your frame and you stop him with a standing or sliding tackle, or do a bit of dirty Fernandinho-business and tactically foul him. The worst was seeing him jogg on either behind the opposition or next to the player.

This needs to stop.
If Laporte stays fit most of the season, and Mendy finally come out of his shell at leftback, I would love to see an aggressive Aké take Rodris place in midfield. He has the ability to go forward with the ball but he’s also so fast and physical, winning like 75%+ of his ground duels, which is even better than Laporte.

Aké could be sick in midfield so I hope to see him there.

Fernandinho did both. From what I've seen of Rodri so far, he's incapable of either
That's such an insane overreaction over rodri's first season in blue that I don't even know how to respond to it. I have no clue what season you were watching, but Rodri has been pretty good.

That's such an insane overreaction over rodri's first season in blue that I don't even know how to respond to it. I have no clue what season you were watching, but Rodri has been pretty good.

Yes. He's developed an inspirational partnership with Gundogan!

Yea he should be given time to settle, but he's gonna have to raise it big time this season because last season was not good. Too often scared to take the ball from defence or when he does - straight back to the defence. He's looked incapable of moving it onto midfield most of the time. In defence I don't think he's particularly good at reading the game and with him being so slow its like watching an overgrown slug in the middle whilst the opposition breeze through.

All that said, we live in hope

Yeah I know what Rodri’s style is, and no doubt he is quality, but I’m just not sure he’s the best fit. Honestly, it shouldn’t be too hard to find a defensive minded player, primarily, and who also has the ability to transition the ball. Every top def midfielder, Casemiro, Fabinho, Kanté, can do both. For me, there was too much focus on passing ability and not much else.

We’ll see what happens this season, but looking at how other teams attack us, it’s basically just a highway right through our midfield when Fernandinho is abscent.

I definitely get where you’re coming from and I think most City fans probably feel the same way.

I just also believe yearning for that kind of player is similar to hoping we sign a goalkeeper that can’t ping passes around or a burly center forward to win flick-ons. Not on the cards under this regime in all probability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.