The Michael Oliver Penalty Thread

The first penalty ricocheted off the player's knee. The ref might not have seen that in real-time but it was obvious in replays so why didn't VAR over-rule it or at least ask the ref to check it himself?

The ricochet isn't a reason to not give a penalty - tThat's how I read the current law. As such, there was no need to review it as it was correct.

Oliver has been charged with scuppering Arsenal this weekend.

Fatty Moss VAR for rags v Palace. Guaranteed penalty there. The question is will be for the shite or his mate Roy?

Michael Oliver seems to officiate a lot of Liverpool matches. There was quite a few dubious decisions he give in favour of Liverpool last season, but the calls he made on Saturday were the correct ones.

Michael Oliver seems to officiate a lot of Liverpool matches. There was quite a few dubious decisions he give in favour of Liverpool last season, but the calls he made on Saturday were the correct ones.
It's to balance up all the games Old Mother Riley arbitrated (for want of a better word!) at The Swamp, along with the slew of cheap penalties.

There was a question on The Chase the other night - What is the name of the football ground in Manchester that holds 75000. Correct answer, of course, is that there isn't one. The largest football stadium in Manchester holds fifty odd thousand. But the answer they gave was The Swamp. Had I been on the show I would have opened with "I think you mean Old Trafford, but it isn't in Manchester"!
I do often wonder when the answer is them/a player/manager or someone else we have names for what Brad would do if I answered Granny Shagger/Baconface/Family Guy etc.....I assume I'd get a bollocking and it would have to be re-shot.

It'd be worth it though.

You're right. I agree with every word. But you'd think the club itself would come out occasionally and say something. Nothing that would cause a fine or anything, but enough to let them know they (City) are aware of what is happening.

It sometimes feels that we are about the only club in the Prem that never puts its head above the parapet and openly questions Pigmol/Var. The more we let these bent fuckers bully us, and the meeker our response, the worse it will get.
We wrote to pigmol and complained about Oliver after the dipper game,we made it public , they responded by giving him the derby ( i think) a couple of weeks of so after, we literally have no power , the players and pep mentioned var and no help lots of times

We wrote to pigmol and complained about Oliver after the dipper game,we made it public , they responded by giving him the derby ( i think) a couple of weeks of so after, we literally have no power , the players and pep mentioned var and no help lots of times

He did VAR at the derby, I think, but we didn't see him for ages after that, did we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.