Was Egil Ostenstad any good for us?

Random Egil stuff for your book

Egil Østenstad on Graeme Souness, Roy Hodgson and former Leeds player Carlton Palmer.
renderTimingPixel.png

From the Norwegian Heia Fotball podcast:
"Graeme Souness took us to Israel for training camp. We were supposed to travel early, after a match. I asked one of the coaches if he could bring my football shoes. He just looked weird at me, as if I was dumb for wanting to bring my shoes. I later realized why. I didn't see a single football pitch during our training camp. When we got there, Souness went to his own hotel with his wife and left us with one instruction only: "Don't get arrested." Five days of partying followed.
"Roy Hodgson - what a legend, what a manager. Of all managers I had he taught me the most. We only did match training. Every part of training was preperation for the match. I also learned a lot of defensive play from him. He didn't play low-risk football - he played no-risk football. A proper English gentleman. Well read and polite. Very considerate of those high up in the club hierarchy, not so much those at the bottom. His way of introducing new young players wasn't the best. We had a 17-year old join us for training once. Roy introduced him by saying: "Please welcome this young player, treat him well. The only reason he's here is because he's fatter than me."
"Me and Carlton Palmer once took a miniplane back home from a match, a day after the other guys. Suddenly I heard a bang, and the propels started working on one side of the plane, and the plane went sideways. Palmer was sleeping next to me, so I woke him up and told him to look outside. He said: "Don't worry Egil, they always switch off the engines when they are landing" and went back to sleep. We managed to land with one propel, with firetrucks and ambulances waiting for us on the ground.

Random Egil stuff for your book

Egil Østenstad on Graeme Souness, Roy Hodgson and former Leeds player Carlton Palmer.
renderTimingPixel.png

From the Norwegian Heia Fotball podcast:
"Graeme Souness took us to Israel for training camp. We were supposed to travel early, after a match. I asked one of the coaches if he could bring my football shoes. He just looked weird at me, as if I was dumb for wanting to bring my shoes. I later realized why. I didn't see a single football pitch during our training camp. When we got there, Souness went to his own hotel with his wife and left us with one instruction only: "Don't get arrested." Five days of partying followed.
"Roy Hodgson - what a legend, what a manager. Of all managers I had he taught me the most. We only did match training. Every part of training was preperation for the match. I also learned a lot of defensive play from him. He didn't play low-risk football - he played no-risk football. A proper English gentleman. Well read and polite. Very considerate of those high up in the club hierarchy, not so much those at the bottom. His way of introducing new young players wasn't the best. We had a 17-year old join us for training once. Roy introduced him by saying: "Please welcome this young player, treat him well. The only reason he's here is because he's fatter than me."
"Me and Carlton Palmer once took a miniplane back home from a match, a day after the other guys. Suddenly I heard a bang, and the propels started working on one side of the plane, and the plane went sideways. Palmer was sleeping next to me, so I woke him up and told him to look outside. He said: "Don't worry Egil, they always switch off the engines when they are landing" and went back to sleep. We managed to land with one propel, with firetrucks and ambulances waiting for us on the ground.
Even his stories are shit!

Wasn't he Ingemar Johanssesn's nephew? Or is that going back a bit, even for a foc?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.