Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Messi will stay

It means the chances of that have improved but this is only Phase 1, now the vote happens to remove Bartomeu

A positive day for Barcelona fans, the first in some time - we'll see if Phase 2 materializes to achieve what has been long overdue, ousting Bartomeu from the club

Same group who have initiated the censure against Bartomeu will then proceed to collect signatures to censure Sport & MD who continue to exercise a media blackout on the vote of no confidence

Last edited:
I never suggested Spaniards do not Mambo - simply pointing out, Mambo is neither Spanish nor Argentinean. Rather it seems quite obvious the joke was to use a latin dancing term that began with an 'M' without observing origin

I did not make a thing of it, just pointing out the obvious - it's a bit lazy and would've been even more apropos to use say Malambo
Do oneo

It means the chances of that have improved but this is only Phase 1, now the vote happens to remove Bartomeu

A positive day for Barcelona fans, the first in some time - we'll see if Phase 2 materializes to achieve what has been long overdue, ousting Bartomeu from the club

Same group who have initiated the censure against Bartomeu will then proceed to collect signatures to censure Sport & MD who continue to exercise a media blackout on the vote of no confidence

Hasn't Messi said he wants to win Ballon D'or and UCL and he feels he can only do that under Pep? Considering the new board will be more sensible, won't Messi be sold ? It also seems they are really strapped on cash. I read they can't pay Setien's fees, let alone Suarez. What conditions will change for Messi to stay?

Am I right in thinking if Font gets elected he'd sell Messi?

He did an interview only recently saying that if he got in he'd ensure Messi leaving would be a smooth transition!

Anything to get votes or seem reasonable. Doubt he would follow through. Wouldn't be till January either way, by which, if Messi really means it, font may not have much choice anyway if Messi decides to sign a pre contract

He did an interview only recently saying that if he got in he'd ensure Messi leaving would be a smooth transition!
I am telling you this election thing is of no use to us. The first phase of the no confidence motion may get through. The second phase will happen in December. After that elections will be called mayb in January or so. Messi will be free to sign pre contract then if he wants to. He doesn't need permission from anyone.

If messi decides then not to come then it's entirely on him because no one can force him to stay!

Anything to get votes or seem reasonable. Doubt he would follow through. Wouldn't be till January either way, by which, if Messi really means it, font may not have much choice anyway if Messi decides to sign a pre contract

Personally believe, this is only window we should get him

Later, even January, I am not sure about it

Personally believe, this is only window we should get him

Later, even January, I am not sure about it

I would love it this window. Beyond that, not fussed, trust the club, if they think it right.

I do think this is it though, nail in an already shut coffin.

No way is bartomeu going to want to let messi go, when facing a vote of no confidence going into the second round. Not when he has him where he wants him. The only way would have been to avoid going to court, or leaving the club in a court case after him, accept a compromise to look like he is doing the best for the club. But that card has been removed.

And by January, different landscape.

Just to recap, Leo can walk for free in June meaning in January he can already have a pre-agreement with City. There is nothing for Font or anyone else to do at this point in terms of facilitating a departure

What could happen, however, is that if a competent sports project is in place the player may decide to remain - his biggest gripe/issue was with the board of Bartomeu and the lies & failure to implement a coherent sports project for the club. That means whether it is Font, Benedito, Laporta or anyone else that remaining is more likely a possibility than with Bartomeu or his continuity candidate (Freixa, among others)

Just to recap, Leo can walk for free in June meaning in January he can already have a pre-agreement with City. There is nothing for Font or anyone else to do at this point in terms of facilitating a departure

What could happen, however, is that if a competent sports project is in place the player may decide to remain - his biggest gripe/issue was with the board of Bartomeu and the lies & failure to implement a coherent sports project for the club. That means whether it is Font, Benedito, Laporta or anyone else that remaining is more likely a possibility than with Bartomeu or his continuity candidate (Freixa, among others)

Any plan needs money Barcelona are skint and that plan anyway would take years something Messi hasn’t got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.