******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t blame Rashid. It was a baffling call by Morgan after Archer had given us a sniff with an excellent penultimate over.

As well as Carey and Maxwell played, England were far too passive when the game should have been effectively over at 70 odd for 5.

I don't think it was the right call either but he was given the responsibility.
At least build some pressure, first ball was horribly over pitched, meat and drink even for a tail.

At least build some pressure, first ball was horribly over pitched, meat and drink even for a tail.
A spinner is always liable to bowl a delivery in the ‘slot’, thus it was an utter brain fade to bowl Rashid. It’s not as if Zampa and Hazelwood were at the crease.

Morgan is a brilliant captain but he made a spectacular blunder by giving Rashid the final over.

He underestimated starc's ability to play the googly just like his captain by handing him the bowl. Bowling spinner at the death in a chase is recipe for disaster

In fairness if one of Roy, Root, Buttler (and even Morgan) put in a better than shit knock, we could have won irrespective of Morgan's decisions.

Rashid is not to blame and truth be told anybody bowling that last over was going to be blamed
10 runs in ODI cricket in the last over with wickets in hand is easy pickings, ok maybe a quick would have one bouncer but the other 5 balls would have got the stick, can you defend 10 off the last over i don't think you can in modern day cricket

302 was not enough and they was not going to mess this one up even after a rocky start. yes we had them 5 down for next to nothing, but they knew just stick around and the runs will come , they did it very well and both making 100 won they game for them, sometimes you just have to say well played

Starc and Cummings both struggle against the short pitch ball. Wood with his pace would have been more than a handful.

All in all it was good to have cricket back with each series providing its own level of excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.