How do you assess our transfer business?

Ake is a lot quicker than our current defenders and supporters are whinging that we lack pace at the back. He will get a few games this season

Last edited:
I don't think we failed to challenge last season just because of injuries. We were clearly weak at LB, RCB and CDM. Fernandinho isn't about to return to his form of two seasons ago. Zinchenko isn't suddenly going to develop legs. The statue of Gundogan isn't going to come to life. We lost arguably our best ever player in Silva and we still haven't replaced Kompany (who carried the team over the line the season before last).
I agree with the worries in DM and that’s for me a key area. Rodri should improve with second season but jury very much out. As for Silva, he was far from the level we all came to love him for last season so Foden and Bernardo should give us a step up there. Get a quality RCB in and I think we are in good shape.

I agree with the worries in DM and that’s for me a key area. Rodri should improve with second season but jury very much out. As for Silva, he was far from the level we all came to love him for last season so Foden and Bernardo should give us a step up there. Get a quality RCB in and I think we are in good shape.

Have to say I thought David was fantastic as usual.
even banging free kicks in
He will be a big loss

Underwhelming. I'm not sure what Ake or Torres will add to the equation but at the moment, injuries aside, I see them more as squad players.

We still haven't addressed our main weakness which is replacing Kompany. David Silva is another world class player we've lost, Fern is 35 and left back for me is still a problem position.

Last season was a damp squib by our recent standards league cup win or not. Unless we at least address our weakness at the back I fear another similar season. I feel the team and fans could do with a lift, a boost, something to excite people, at the moment it feels a bit flat.

On the transfer front I've just seen our incomings on sly sports and Torres is now showing as 37 million!

I don't. I wait until the transfer window has finished before I judge it. Like a normal person.

That’s my take on it. The impact of the pandemic means that there’ll most likely be more value towards the end of the window which is three weeks off. Your lot will definitely dive in before then although I don’t see £90/100m deals happening in this climate. That said, it looked like you were having a serious go at Messi so who knows? I don’t think for one second though that you’ll come out of this transfer window without any more additions.

4/10...a centre back and it will be 6/7 10...add an energetic DM and it’s 8/10...then a CF it’s 10/10.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.