COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when my predictions come true.

But all setings deaths up again to 27. And 4322 new cases - record high from UK and England 3771 cases.

The regional scoreboard is horrendous, as I am sure you would expect.

London 377 - up from 247 but was higher twice last week.

Midlands 469 - up from 339 - so big rise here to highest yet.

Yorkshire 517 - up from 402 and by 6 higher than 2 days ago to set new record.

But NW yet again obliterated any records. Up from 932 to 1402 - a 50% rise and a new record from the 1290 of two days ago.

So the NW had almost one third of all the cases in the UK today.

Scary news and the GM scoreboard is not going to be pretty,

GM scorebard as you can imagine is bad and easily a new record at 649 (of the 1402 NW cases) - well up on the 516 (out of 1290) of two days ago and at a higher percentage of the NW total than then to over 45% from 40%.

For the first time I can remember every single GM borough went up - some considerably. Record totals occurred in several places. And if I tell you Trafford was still best and it set a new record for cases there too, you know it is a bad day. And whatever our restrictions are supposed to be achieving they appear to be failing as it is now over a month in and every borough is going fast in the wrong direction.

Won't be able to provide the age ranges of new confirmed Scottish infections until Sunday night, sorry. As stated before I'm literally lifting someone else's work (TravellingTabby.com) and the person behind the site has family commitments until that point.

It baffles me why when they introduce measures, they allow people 3 days to go out and get hammered.
Or the measures they introduce seem completely clueless like the Lancashire (excluding Blackpool) restrictions. I live on the part of the Fylde Coast that comes under Lancashire not the Blackpool Unitary Authority but if anyone wants to have a late night drinking session from Tuesday all they have to do is hop on a bus or tram into Blackpool. What's the point of having "restrictions" that are so easy to bypass for thousands of people?

A different type of vaccine to be released for the end of the year in the states - fingers crossed -

Moderna plans to produce 20m vaccines by the end of the year
The US biotech company Moderna has announced that it expects to produce 20m doses of its experimental coronavirus vaccine by the end of the year, Reuters reports.
The announcement, made in a filing with US securities regulators, comes after Moderna’s chief executive, Stephane Bancel, told Reuters on Thursday the company plans to seek emergency authorisation for the vaccine’s use in high-risk groups if it proves even just 70% effective.
Moderna has never brought a vaccine to market, but has received nearly $1bn from the US government under its Operation Warp Speed programme and has also struck a $1.5bn supply agreement with the US.
The vaccine aims to use messenger RNA (or mRNA for short) to trick recipients’ bodies into producing viral proteins themselves. No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for an infectious disease, but proponents say it could be easier to mass produce than traditional vaccines.
The company continues to expect to make 500m-1bn doses of the vaccine in 2021, Moderna said in the filing on Friday.

A different type of vaccine to be released for the end of the year in the states - fingers crossed -

Moderna plans to produce 20m vaccines by the end of the year
The US biotech company Moderna has announced that it expects to produce 20m doses of its experimental coronavirus vaccine by the end of the year, Reuters reports.
The announcement, made in a filing with US securities regulators, comes after Moderna’s chief executive, Stephane Bancel, told Reuters on Thursday the company plans to seek emergency authorisation for the vaccine’s use in high-risk groups if it proves even just 70% effective.
Moderna has never brought a vaccine to market, but has received nearly $1bn from the US government under its Operation Warp Speed programme and has also struck a $1.5bn supply agreement with the US.
The vaccine aims to use messenger RNA (or mRNA for short) to trick recipients’ bodies into producing viral proteins themselves. No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for an infectious disease, but proponents say it could be easier to mass produce than traditional vaccines.
The company continues to expect to make 500m-1bn doses of the vaccine in 2021, Moderna said in the filing on Friday.

Few alarm bells ringing in there! Anti vaxers will have a field day.

I hate it when my predictions come true.

But all setings deaths up again to 27. And 4322 new cases - record high from UK and England 3771 cases.
The real number is probably nearer to 8500 cases today, as I’d much prefer to trust the ONS and the Covid symptom study numbers than anything the government puts out.

What I would say is that everyone should download the Covid symptom app and report on it, once a day if possible. The website is linked and the app links are on the first page.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.