Advice needed

Thanks all for the answers. We both have blocked her and her father’s numbers. The only thing that’s troubling us both is if she indeed has topped herself or not. My friend doesn’t want to be the reason for her taking that step. That’s why he is both a bit afraid and sad. There maybe some legal consequences too in terms of Indian law. We have no idea about that.

I really can't see your friend facing any legal consequences mate , all he did was join a matrimonial website, presumably to meet other people with similar interests or aspirations .... and assumably this female will just have done the same from her end .... people willingly do that kind of thing all the time nowadays, and presumably the website itself will have made them both agree to enrolment conditions, and protected itself.

It all seems a bit 'deep' or intense to me, unless he's gone and signed up to a website promoting 'arranged' marriages, where I assume an Indian father would get involved from an early stage.

If the lady in question has done herself harm, or worse, your friend surely can't be held responsible, or accountable for that, even by the Indian authorities or law ...... he's never met her at any point , he hasn't stalked her , and nobody FORCED her to liaise with him , or vice versa!

Just move on and get on with your lives, and tell your mate to look on the bright side ..... he might just have dodged a bullet , especially if it WAS a scam!

And it really wouldn't surprise if there was NO friend here , and the guy in question is yourself ... why would this girl have YOUR details, and name, if she was only talking to to your friend on a matrimonial website, and why would he even think to give them to her????

Last edited:
Probably cheaper to just marry her.
If you want rid just do a Leslie Grantham.
I find woman soon switch off when seeing the Grantham preformed.

Hello fellow blues. I need some advice on something. Well my friend need to be precise. My friend contacted an Indian girl on a matrimony website and they have been talking for 2 months now but my friend felt something was off about her after a few calls. This girl lives in India and my friend is in the US. He lives in the same city as I do.

Now things have taken turns for the worse. My friend doesn't want to keep in touch with her anymore and has already informed her about this but she is now threatening to kill herself if he leaves. My friend is obviously a bit scared that she might do something to herself and he might be implicated. Worst thing, the girl is trying to contact me and asking me to help her. I did tell her to move on but I don't know if she is trying to harm herself or not.

Any advice on what to do?

As if an American citizen is going to be extradited to India.

Thanks all for the answers. We both have blocked her and her father’s numbers. The only thing that’s troubling us both is if she indeed has topped herself or not. My friend doesn’t want to be the reason for her taking that step. That’s why he is both a bit afraid and sad. There maybe some legal consequences too in terms of Indian law. We have no idea about that.
Indian Law has no jurisdiction over an internet dating site, especially one accessed from outside India.

Another huge update. The girl and his father somehow found out my friend’s home address in India where his parents live and have gone there directly to talk when she and her father were unable to reach my friend on phone. Getting crazy now.

I really can't see your friend facing any legal consequences mate , all he did was join a matrimonial website, presumably to meet other people with similar interests or aspirations .... and assumably this female will just have done the same from her end .... people willingly do that kind of thing all the time nowadays, and presumably the website itself will have made them both agree to enrolment conditions, and protected itself.

If the lady in question has done herself harm, or worse, your friend surely can't be held responsible, or accountable for that, even by the Indian authorities or law ...... he's never met her at any point , he hasn't stalked her , and nobody FORCED her to liaise with him , or vice versa!

Just move on and get on with your lives, and tell your mate to look on the bright side ..... he might just have dodged a bullet , especially if it WAS a scam!

And it really wouldn't surprise if there was NO friend here , and the guy in question is yourself ... why would this girl have YOUR details, and name, if she was only talking to to your friend on a matrimonial website, and why would he even think to give them to her????
My friend talked about me when they used to chat normally and she found me out on facebook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.