Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Didn’t read the match thread but I take it that Gabby came in for some undeserved stick. I though he was excellent
He was fabulous tonight. The shift that lad puts in for the team is immense. He's not just a lad that puts a shift in he has unbelievable quality with his movement and hold up play, Plus his goals for game ratio is incredible too.

Didn’t read the match thread but I take it that Gabby came in for some undeserved stick. I though he was excellent
Gabby will get the benefit of a steady run in the team with Sergio out.
He looks stronger. Works his socks off. Does need to check his runs, but sits very well into that trio of front men. They are constantly interchanging.
Deserved the goal even if it got a bit of luck.

I didn't participate in the match thread, focused on the game and it was a treat considering no fans, no pre-season and so many injuries. We played extremely well for 81 minutes, having in mind that was the first game of the season and let them have their 9 minutes, during which they had 4 goal-scoring chances. I am not sure why we have those short 'blue patches' where we just stop playing, but luckily we pulled together and wrestled control back. A huge improvement on the last season games, Pep picked a really good formation. Their goal was just ridiculous with KdB in a position where he should never be in during the defending phase of the game.
I just hope that ongoing second wave of COVID-19 doesn't mess up the whole season.

Excellent result. First half we looked good, maybe didn’t create as much as you’d expect but looked solid and in complete control. Second half we can’t really judge after about 60 minutes as we were clearly completely knackered, have to give credit to the likes of kdb, Jesus and Foden for finding a third wind in those last 10 minutes though to ease the pressure.

No idea why Pep didn’t use more subs, if he can’t trust mahrez to run around more for 10 minutes than Foden/Jesus who were puffing hard then what’s the point?

Fernandinho was absolutely vintage tonight, Rodri did well enough and had a good game but dinho showed exactly what we missed in the middle last season. defensively he’s quicker both in body and in thought, always picking up lose balls, stopping attacks building and negating counters, they barely got a chance to gain possession in our half during the first 45 and in possession he plays first time balls forward and with purpose whereas Rodri plays too many sideways easy balls, that side of his game needs to improve a lot. Not a bash at Rodri before somebody takes it that way, he played well he’s just played alongside the master tonight. Hopefully Rodri learns from that to see how to properly do the role.

Those that wrote off dinho in midfield of which there were many need to hang their head in shame.

Excellent first half. high energy pressing and good movement off the ball.

Second half our lack of pre-season and fitness showed and we subsequently tired and as such our pressing intensity dropped, as did our movement off the ball. A high line without high intensity pressing gave them a few chances but we seemed to work that our after a while and dropped a little deeper.

A well deserved victory.

Brilliant first half, ran out of steam a bit in the second.

Some great performances from KDB, Fernandinho, Rodri, Walker and Jesus. Solid performances from Stones and Ake. Foden great first half but faded a bit in the second.

Great result against a very good Wolves team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.