Players you wished had stayed longer

Paul Stewart
Van Buyten
Tevez
Boateng - Mancini never really gave him a chance and he proved his worth at Bayern
NDJ
Leroy

Dave Watson being flogged to Werder Bremen didn’t make sense to me when I was 6.

Alan Ball forcing Tony Coton out the door and to the dark side by playing the myopic Eike Immel all season.

Remember watching Van Buyten and thinking all prayers had been answered.

A random one. I liked Murtaz Shelia as he just looked so hard. Gave up a glorious career as a henchman to come to us.

Leroy. Think he’ll do 3 years at Bayern before joining up with Mbappe at Real.

And David Silva. One more season. But I’d have said this again next year!

Marc-Vivien Foe.
dny6Hgg.gif

Last edited:
Micah Richards - Obviously this one was down to long term injury. But it would have been great to see him reach the potential we all thought he could reach at one stage.

Matija Nastasic - he could have been enjoying a long and fruitful career at City. 2012-13 season he was incredible, especially for being so young. Unfortunately picked up some injuries and didn't get the playing time under Pellegrini to make his mark again.

Edin Dzeko - Don't really need to explain this one. Beating the Rags to the title was as much down to him than it was Aguero. Could run hot and cold at times but he always offered us something when we were up against it and allowed us to play a different approach. I think we would have seen a lot of success with him with teams parking this bus against us, rather than trying to reach the heads of the likes of David Silva and Aguero. He always seemed to come on and nab that winner. His success at Roma is hardly surprising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.