Would Dzeko have been successful under Pep?

He’d have been first out of the door before Hart took him all his time to jog back after being tackled or losing the ball. Got to remember pep nearly flirted Kun ... but Kun knuckled down and accepted Pep as his master and improved his game. Dzeko on the other hand in my opinion wouldn’t have.

I would say no.

Think like strikers in the vien of eto and ibrahimovic although great goal scorers (and Edin is one of the best in europe) he wouldn't have suited Pep system.

A lot of talk regarding our next striker recently etc. With the emergence of Delap who is built in a similar way to Edin (kind of). I would of love City to keep Dzeko anyway, I was fuming when he left. I think we would of been a great option for us still even in this style. Still scores for fun in a Roma team where I couldn’t even name 5 of their players
For me he seemed more like Negrado than Edin

Assuming he would have stayed, which is no guarantee as apart from his lack of work rate, he certainly wouldn’t have been a starter then he would have scored a goals but who hasn’t in this team?

Dzecko was good for us but left at the right time for everybody concerned, the less said about his replacement the better but that doesn’t change the fact he’d ran his course here

He’s had a great career since he’s been in Italy and fair play to him but there are a few who have very rosy memories of him which aren’t based in reality

I’ve heard his name sung more times since he left than when he actually played for us!!

He can certainly score goals and a different option to our current strikers, but dont think his work rate off the ball would suit Pep. Effective for us when he was here, but still have a feeling we didnt always play to his strengths. If hed have played in a team with out and wingers crossing into the box his stats may have even better. Often the widest starting players when he played with us were Silva and Nasri.

I think any striker would be successful under Pep. If they know where the goal is and have the ability to be in the right place, they’d have 100 chances a season. Goatee would have been perfect.

he would not have played as he wouldn't fit he possession based football model wel. He could win headers but lacked any power and only scored if the keeper was off balance or an open net.

Very similar to asking Goater 100 times how he would did in the team, and when he trots out is written down answer the fails to realise he admit the obvious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.