Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Why does he want to keep shifting and changing positions, Phil was getting along well on the right hand side and cementing his place in the team, Pep immediately switches him to the left.
Because Mahrez can’t play left, despite being left footed.

Pep inherited an aging team from Pellers with 11 players on the wrong side of 30. But legends like Dave, Kun, Kompany and Ferna were still top quality and we had 2 fantastic seasons from 2017 to 2019.

Now Pep has to make the next step and replace the legends. It's difficult! How to replace some of the greatest players in PL history and stay among the best in the world? Of course, time and patience are needed, can't happen overnight.

We have many top talents but most of them are not in their prime yet. Compare with Liverpool, most of their players are 27-30 y.o., which is optimal. Look at our team, the likes of Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Ake, Mendy, Rodri, Jesus, Foden, Sterling, Stones, Torres are top talents but not in their prime yet.

Will we have another transitional season? I don't know, I believe that once we have a settled CB pair and our forwards are fit, we will be the best team in England again. Maybe not already in October and November but we will finish the season as the best team in England and hopefully Europe.

Wishful thinking that. Liverpool have stolen a march on us and we haven’t responded.

Hetty Wainthropp Investigates is on right now.

Even she can't get to the fucking bottom of why we have bought wrongly in Mendy and Rodri.

Despite the cost we needed much better in key positions , they would be decent back ups in sides we had when we were less predictable and moved the ball quickly and created space in the box but both cannot defend in a side that is a sucker for a team that counter attacks and can easily get behind them.

There could be an issue with group thinking, possibly?

Pep, Txiki, Soriano and Khaldoon, that's pretty much the transfer committee.

I don't envisage anybody in that consultation process who goes against the grain?

I'm sure they would agree on most things.
If they came up with Sanchez,Slabhead & Jorginho its no wonder we're regressing.

Just look at the high standard and style of football we played in these seasons and compare it too now? It baffles me so much why we changed from a style of play which was so incredible. Even defence in those two seasons we were solid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.