Burnley (A) Carabao Cup R4 | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley v Manchester City (19:00)
Ref: ANDREW MADLEY
Edward Smart and Ian Hussin
Fourth Official : Michael Dean
no VAR.

So you want us to play a strong team less than 72 hours before we play one of the fittest teams in the league? And if that means playing the likes of De Bruyne, Foden and Sterling then they’ll all have played 5 games in 12 days after the Leeds match.

I just can’t see Burnley being up for this match at all. They’ve only got about 12 fit players and they’ll probably have to rest their best ones to not risk injuring any of them.
By strong team I don't mean the strongest available, but one aimed at winning the tie, so not one comprised entirely of kids which has been suggested. Laporte, Zinchenko all need some gametime, for example. Gundogan is still in isolation I assume, so either Doyle is the sole DM in a 4-3-3 or one of Fernandinho or Rodri will have to start alongside him if we're sticking with 4-2-3-1.

With the level of covid infections in Burnley I'd hope the team's not booked into a hotel there, not when it's a 20 mile ride on the bus. Leave at 5 on Tuesday, back by 10 and spend as little time in that dump as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.