It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were targeting Bertrand about 3 years ago and he was also 28 at the time, one experienced, one youth/long term. Walker is 30, age shouldn't be paid too much mind when addressing crucial areas. Koulibaly was 29, even though we didn't get him.

He will be 34 , coming to a new league, considerably more physical and more demanding.

Messi is without doubt the worlds best player but he is not superman, age stops for no one.

We don't want to become Messi FC and we would if he arrived, the Pep situation is also a major factor. At this moment it does not look good that Pep would want to extend or for that matter the club would want to either. Pep does not look in a good way at this time, his time with us may be coming to the end, that may change, but at this moment we have far more serious issues to attend to than thinking about signing a 34yr old in 12 months time.
I hate to admit it, but your post makes a lot of sense. Even so, we're talking Messi. I am still inclined to believe he's the exception.

Most modern full backs can't defend. Else you end up with a Wan Bissaka who is shite going forward.

We have plenty of players that can attack though, we could do with a few more who can defend properly, even if they don't offer much else. Stop the cross or win the ball, then give it to someone who can actually play. That's how I play anyway!

surely with no fans in the ground more people are watching the games on the telly, so the tv deal should stay the same or even go up
I know of a lot of people who have canceled, watching sport with no fans is not good.

People simply won't have the money to keep paying for it, once this pandemic ends the payback in terms of tax increases etc will be huge.

Grimaldo from Benfica anyone hes a good all round LB 25 years of age to

I know of a lot of people who have canceled, watching sport with no fans is not good.

People simply won't have the money to keep paying for it, once this pandemic ends the payback in terms of tax increases etc will be huge.
to be honest ive hardly watched the games myself,ive tried but cant get into it, i only watch the city games, wish i hadn't yesterday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.