It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has the most work to do of anyone associated with City right now. Far too much of what is wrong is about him rather than about the players.

Agree and thought you handled this perfectly on your podcast yesterday. When one or two play badly you can blame them, when it's the whole team it's the managers issue.

He needs to evolve for me, I feel as though to a degree our system and shape has been found out. He has to reinvent how this team plays whilst reinvigorating himself.

He's the best coach in the world. Coaching the best squad in world football. It's time we started getting the best out of the plethora of talent that we have.

I haven't written this up yet because for some reason he seems to have been made chiefly responsible for a 5-2 loss where 4 goals were nothing to do with him, but I thought for the first time since he came back from his last injury, Mendy was starting to hit early passes and cross first time again vs. Leicester, culminating in the great cross for Delap.

I also dug out this old video from 2018 when Mendy was recovered from injury and looking at his best, and we were all optimistic, and I don't think he looks physically any different. People always complain about him being awkward and leggy and clumsy, but he always was, and was still bloody effective despite that -

I think he's lacking fitness right now at the beginning of the season, but genuinely I still think that in a month he could be playing pretty well again. I want to see him play more with Delap, and he needs Jesus and Aguero back, because his main strength was deliveries into the box, and he's got no one to put them into right now.

I've got a lot more hope for Mendy fulfilling his potential than Stones.

I think he’d benefit from having decent competition. He’s way short at the minute and I feel the flack partly comes from him being ‘it’ as far as proper left back options go... and he has been our ‘it’ since he got here. Everyone else has been or is a compromised option, not bought to play there but can do a job.

I hope he gets back to being an offensive threat, but someone to take the pressure off by being a proper option there wouldn’t hurt at all.

Agree and thought you handled this perfectly on your podcast yesterday. When one or two play badly you can blame them, when it's the whole team it's the managers issue.

He needs to evolve for me, I feel as though to a degree our system and shape has been found out. He has to reinvent how this team plays whilst reinvigorating himself.

He's the best coach in the world. Coaching the best squad in world football. It's time we started getting the best out of the plethora of talent that we have.

Absolutely. And in season FIVE still crying about low blocks is NOT a good look.

Yes but I wonder why we cant just sign new LB now considering he is not on high wage and we have free spot left even if we dont sell anyone!

why do we need to sell him before getting lb?

Put him on the stands if nothing else!
Maybe we want 2 in.

I think teams have figured out how to beat us, just sit back and counter attack like leicester did. Peps got to change tactics or something.

Yes but I wonder why we cant just sign new LB now considering he is not on high wage and we have free spot left even if we dont sell anyone!

why do we need to sell him before getting lb?

Doesn't make sense to me, unless we are operating to a very tight budget, which would explain the way we have operated so far

We reinvented the team when we didn't have to. Sane and Raz on the wings were unstoppable. We decided to buy Mendy and Mahrez and went away from something that was working brilliantly to something that has become a big issue. The only reinventing we need to do is backwards but good luck finding someone to replace Sane.

Out of curiosity, if Ake plays there for example and against Leeds and plays well, will you then change your opinion?

On a more general note, anyone who watched the Leicester game should be painfully aware that our problems can't be solved in the transfer market. We have plenty of quality players. They have to be play better, be better organised, and be better coached.

I disagree here.

we’ve undone something with our dealings and it needs to be rectified.

Walker and Mendy can only work like this when there are players with speed in front of them (and at DM).

Pep has been buying Busquets clones. He thinks a quick release can unlock all, but it’s proven absolutely useless against counters.
With a Sane, Jesus or even a Navas in Pep’s first season, we could get back fast and help the defense.

right now we’ve only Sterling and Foden capable of that.

Rodri and Gundogan are the biggest culprits, but we need to put better legs into this team and it’s not a coaching thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.