COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly the Scottish data is again very concerning.

4 deaths (v 0 last Saturday).

764 cases (v 714 last Saturday)

12.1% positive (v 11.4% last Saturday)

191 in hospital - another 16 up on yesterday and 37 in two days. (v 99 last Saturday).

And most concerning now 23 in icu ventilator beds - up 4 in a day (v just 11 last Saturday).

No sugar coating those I fear

Welsh data even worse unfortunately.

5 deaths (v 3 last Saturday)

576 cases (v 370 last Saturday)

5.8% (highest yet in Wales) (v 3.0 last SAturday)

How do you explain the excess deaths in March / April / may?
Possibly caused by deaths due to our focus on covid and not on other disease? As i underdatnd it to go down as a covid death the person who dies just has to have it, you could die of cancer, have covid and be put down as a covid death.

Tragically England completes the set to make this the worst day yet since June:

41 England hospital deaths today with 19 of them from the NW - more than double the next nearest at 8 in Yorkshire/NE.

Deaths are now clearly acceleratig unfortunately.

How do you explain the excess deaths in March / April / may?
Is our healthcare system so much worse than every other country in Europe, in fact most of the world? I know its not the best but i dont understand how such a high proportion of people diagnosed with covid can die in the UK compared to other countries. Health care must play a part in that, also the age of the population. Any other reasons??

Underestimated and the ridiculous 28 day cut off
It’s not ridiculous at all really.
The 28 day cut off is specifically to bring the definitions into line with the other UK countries and provide a much more accurate, and more responsive measure of the immediate impact of COVID on deaths. This allows a much better understanding about whether deaths related to COVID are trending up or down which should inform policy decisions more accurately.

It gets worse.

Of Scottish infections today

90 are in people aged 65+
42 are in children under 15
128 in young adults 15-19
504 in ages 20-64

Is our healthcare system so much worse than every other country in Europe, in fact most of the world? I know its not the best but i dont understand how such a high proportion of people diagnosed with covid can die in the UK compared to other countries. Health care must play a part in that, also the age of the population. Any other reasons??
The league table we are way way at the top of is deaths per hospital bed, because we’ve spent years and years cutting beds, cutting staff and cutting critical care beds. In this measure (technically San Marino would be above us but only because they all go to hospitals in Italy), we are out on our own and will explain, in future years, the extraordinary number of excess deaths in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.