TV Series

Many of the actors also appear in Sons of Anarchy which was developed by one the guys responsible for producing The Shield (Kurt Sutter, I think he was called: he also has a small acting role in each series)

Sons of Anarchy is also worth a look if you haven't seen it. It's like Hamlet on Harleys...

My only criticism of The Shield is that I'd have liked some of the non-Strike Team characters to have been given a bigger role, e.g. Claudette and Dutch

Really? i don't find that at all. In fact i found claudette unbearable in S3, snd thought shecwas given way too much time. Later on, she gets a bit more to her character and becomes more interesting, but for the entirety of S3, she is just a clichéd parody. Dutch is a good but gets tedious in larger quantities.

Like any good drama series, i find i go through patches of hating and then loving each of the characters at various stages through it.

Decided to finish 'Raised by Wolves' after much hesitation and I knew, just KNEW, it would unravel! It became unfettered nonsense in the end!

With that said, the trio of Amanda Collins, Abubakar Salim and Winta McGrath are wonderful as the nucleus family.

But just why I continue to trust Ridley Scott projects, I will never know!

What do you (does one) watch it on?

I liked all 3 series and will obviously be watching the 4th. Some people didn't like the 3rd, because of Ewan McGregor possibly, perhaps he's seen as a standard Hollywood actor now rather than an oddball as most of the other actors have been, but David Thewlis was excellent - very creepy.

I didn't like the 3rd, not as much as the other 2. Still good overall though, but not as strong as the other 2 for me. Not because of Ewan, just had did not have as strong a story for me. Also, although they are all standalone series, the other two had little reminders they are somewhat linked or felt part of the same broader world, where as the 3rd seemed detached.

Still looking forward to the 4th, regardless.

Edit. S2 is my favourite of the 3, but i do get that most rate them in order of 1,2,3

I didn't like the 3rd, not as much as the other 2. Still good overall though, but not as strong as the other 2 for me. Not because of Ewan, just had did not have as strong a story for me. Also, although they are all standalone series, the other two had little reminders they are somewhat linked or felt part of the same broader world, where as the 3rd seemed detached.

Still looking forward to the 4th, regardless.

Edit. S2 is my favourite of the 3, but i do get that most rate them in order of 1,2,3
I'd probably go 2, 1, 3 myself actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.