Leeds United (A) Post Match Thread

We know we aren't 100% though and so did Leeds, who I think you're selling short a bit there. We should be beating them yes but it was always going to be a tricky tie where we needed to be at our best... So to put it another way, we weren't anywhere near our best and still nearly won.

We showed at the start, the reality of the difference between the teams.

2 seasons ago, that game's a 5-0 imo.

We can’t put a shot on target and have no strikers and Utd get Cavani on a free transfer

People are so negative. Leeds play better than Chelsea, United and honestly more impressive than Liverpool.

Ederson kept us in this game. 3 monster saves. We could’ve lost this game, but we certainly miss our strikers.

Would have loved a win but I’m positive. We look very solid defensively.
I agree mate . That was a very difficult game and I don’t think people realise how good Leeds are . Dias and Laporte look really good and ake will be good aswell . We have really fucked with our striker options but when it pointed out that that we have no plan b all many posters on here who now pull pep to pieces were saying we don’t do plan b as it’s not peps way . Every team needs a dzecko when needed . Not bothered about the title as we are In transition and we are not as good as Liverpool at the moment . I do think mendy is done now and also Phil foden is not ready to fill David Silva s yet . And also Rodri is not gonna be able to do what we want him to. All in all it was a good game but not the end of the world

Desire or lack of it
possession stats merely show we were tactically prepared and didn't do a full man to man press against their last defensive line and allowed their centers back to keep passing to each other and setup a counter pressing trap against Kalvin Phillips which worked really well

Problem is our forwards are both injured. Sterling can score but he can miss he's a wide player, Pep will never turn him into a centre forward because if it was that easy he would of been a center forward when we bought him. Mahrez scores 1 worldie every 2 to 3 months so don't expect him to score regularly either, he's also a wide inside forward.
Its glaringly obvious whats happening we have no forwards, doesn't excuse the goalie making boo boo's though does it
Pickford has made more mistakes leading to goals than any other keeper this season , Everton are top of the league because they have a centre forward on fire, end of subject.

The obvious issues are still there. The 3 new signings bedding in isn’t the issue. They haven’t caused us any problems as such.

Having 2 strikers one of which is 32 with injury problems is an issue, the balance of the midfield is an issue, the loss of Silva with no obvious replacement is an issue, having one natural but out of form left back is an issue, the way our team panics after conceding is an issue, the amount of quality chances we concede is an issue.

I understand that we had a short break, I know we have injury and Covid issues but we are still showing the same fragility. We’ve become flat track bullies, great when we’re two goals up but likely to collapse when things go wrong.

How can you get worked up that the balance of midfield is an issue when the player who is most likely to slot in and fix that balance, Bernardo, only started training with the side this week, and hasn't been fit enough to start yet?

We didn't panic after conceding tonight, we pretty much shut them down straight away with help from a couple of subs.

A big concern for me is the lack of great saves an opposition keeper has to make when we play now. We don’t work the keeper hard enough. We need a new striker. We can’t piss around like this any longer. You can’t win the league after 7/8 games but you can certainly lose it and if we don’t shape up very quickly then we will be 8/9 points behind.

Mendy has to be dropped now. He is just a complete liability defensively. Mahrez too. He just doesn’t do enough.

Walker is starting to look sloppy again too.

The positives were Ederson despite the goal, Dias and Laporte who seemed to have a reasonable understanding.

Why did we take until the 80th min to wake up?

Very concerning first few games. Had Wolves and Leeds had a great striker we could easily have conceded 12 goals already.

This is gonna be a weird season. Nobody has had a proper pre season. Most clubs are gonna suffer fatigue and inevitable injuries and there will be lots of odd results with the best teams getting beaten more often than usual

We were always gonna suffer more than most at the start as we have had even less time to recover and prepare for the new season

I expect that as the season goes on we will get stronger compared to other teams and the strength of depth in our squad will come to the fore. No need to panic yet

Agreed, even the pitch being slippy was good for us. We're not the rags, we have no divine right to win every game, but I'd prefer if we were to lose out on the title again to do it fighting every step of the way.

We might look at today as a good point, who knows, Leeds are no mugs they'll take points at home off most teams

I imagine the scousers will beat them quite comfortably though. And they have already taken points from Chelsea away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.