COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio 4 news last night was interesting last night discussing what other European countries have done successfully or more often, not. On our small island we dont always look at others.
Did it say which European country had been most successful? We only seem to hear about the ones doing badly.

My Mrs tested positive a few days ago. She'd had flu like symptoms for 5 days and had not left the house and then a lot of her friends started testing positive. I came back negative. We are both the wrong side of 70 but fit and healthy. 5 days after being tested she is now picking out paint samples for the lounge having stared at the wall for a week. Thankfully it was clearly just a mild dose and she's improving daily. None of her friends were hospitalised.
Conclusions : I am in the same room but the test and trace app has still not alerted me to a positive case 6 feet away.
1500 people die everyday in this Country.
Did your Mrs enter that she has the virus on the Covid App?

Can I just ask, my son is in Madrid and says there are no restrictions about having people in your house or visiting other peoples houses, apart from numbers. Is that correct. ?

as far as i'm aware only the UK has made it illegal to be in someone else's house, but i am happy (hoping) to be proved wrong

they have been reducing tests since 1st Oct. it could be there are less people to test or it could be hiding things.

That's a possibility. Or maybe it's taking a natural curve like it did earlier in the year? Hope it's the latter.

Did it say which European country had been most successful? We only seem to hear about the ones doing badly.
It was the problems of Holland, Belgium and France, and then mentioning Spain and Italy's early measures and how theyve changed. Sorry l couldnt retain all the detail whilst driving.

Radio 4 news last night was interesting last night discussing what other European countries have done successfully or more often, not. On our small island we dont always look at others.
And even if they do, they rarely report any facts.
All the media have become blamers and speculators (this is their fault and this will happen in six months type nonsense) sadly and there is an almost complete lack of objectivity, balance and reporting the actuality..

And even if they do, they rarely report any facts.
All the media have become blamers and speculators (this is their fault and this will happen in six months type nonsense) sadly and there is an almost complete lack of objectivity, balance and reporting the actuality..
Yes. Different countries disagree, scientists disagree, politicians even in the same party disagree even the nice homely GPs rolled out by the BBC disagree. How are we poor peasants to know what to believe?

Last edited:
they have been reducing tests since 1st Oct. it could be there are less people to test or it could be hiding things.
My daughter,heavily pregnant at the time,had a few sniffles,snotty nose etc,got a bit paranoid and booked herself in for a test(she's only 17....I know,I know).
The day she booked herself in,she went into labour,was whizzed in hospital and had the baby(a boy.....a blue,I'll make sure of that.)
After she arrived home,a couple of days later,she got a text saying her test was negative......SHE NEVER HAD IT DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.