COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter,heavily pregnant at the time,had a few sniffles,snotty nose etc,got a bit paranoid and booked herself in for a test(she's only 17....I know,I know).
The day she booked herself in,she went into labour,was whizzed in hospital and had the baby(a boy.....a blue,I'll make sure of that.)
After she arrived home,a couple of days later,she got a text saying her test was negative......SHE NEVER HAD IT DONE.
Congratulations grandpa! Maybe though, during the labour period she was told that a sample would be taken for testing, and it's an insane time let's be honest so perhaps she just didn't hear what was said. If they did take a sample and didn't tell her, or other people with her at the time, then that's very concerning. I hope mum and baby are doing well, the blue army just got a +1.

The truth is in this country we (the general population) are too busy not following the guidance and doing whatever suits.
Then we moan about how shit it is or confusing etc
Maybe if burnham etc actually stopped playing political games with Boris and actually said to the people of greater Manchester
Stop taking the piss, you are making the situation worse
But he doesn’t want to lose voters
Labour seem to see this as a way of building the red wall back up rather than doing anything to actually help

My mrs is suffering mentally with it all already. A normally strong woman just told me she didnt sleep a wink last night worrying about where it will all end , where its going, when she’ll see her mum. Etc etc etc

I can completely sympathise with her, mate. There's absolutely no way the population can be expected to keep themselves so far apart from family and friends for anything close to another 12 months (if that's the expected vaccine rollout which we're now hearing more and more of). Or even at a push, 8 weeks of being locked down then 3 or 4 weeks of relative joy before being straight back into the next lockdown etc.

We're reaching breaking point.

Congratulations grandpa! Maybe though, during the labour period she was told that a sample would be taken for testing, and it's an insane time let's be honest so perhaps she just didn't hear what was said. If they did take a sample and didn't tell her, or other people with her at the time, then that's very concerning. I hope mum and baby are doing well, the blue army just got a +1.
Yeah,I did say maybe the hospital did inform them,as she did mention it.

Yes. Different countries disagree, scientists disagree, politicians even in the same party disagree even the nice homely GPs rolled out by the BBC disagree. How are we poor peasant to know what to believe?
Some of the u-turns are interesting. One of the Blues with the biggest Facebook followings was calling the virus a hoax a month ago. I saw he posted the other night that he was waiting on the results of his fifth Covid test.

I can completely sympathise with her, mate. There's absolutely no way the population can be expected to keep themselves so far apart from family and friends for anything close to another 12 months (if that's the expected vaccine rollout which we're now hearing more and more of). Or even at a push, 8 weeks of being locked down then 3 or 4 weeks of relative joy before being straight back into the next lockdown etc.

We're reaching breaking point.
I agree. And there’s a massive difference asking people not to have big parties etc and expecting them to stay apart from family for months. My mum is dying of cancer so I go in her house, although we are both in areas with restrictions, and she can’t be a bubble as she has my Dad. But that is all I do. My baby granddaughter I can only see outside, so I take the pram for 2 hour walks. I haven’t been in my daughters house since July. The thought of that for another year is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.