Players who were talented but did not have the mentality.

He just had the wrong mentality.

Balotelli had all the enjoyment of playing football ripped out of him by getting racially abused evey week in Serie A as a teenager and then from the people who were supposed to be supporting him when he put on the Italian shirt.

Hard to imagine the psychological damage that being racially abused publicly every time you stepped onto a football pitch from the time you were 15 would do, but its absolutely no surprise that it turned him against football.

I think that makes him fundamentally different from a lot of the players on these lists. He had the mentality to succeed and then it got taken away.

Balotelli had all the enjoyment of playing football ripped out of him by getting racially abused evey week in Serie A as a teenager and then from the people who were supposed to be supporting him when he put on the Italian shirt.

I think that makes him fundamentally different from a lot of the players on these lists. He had the mentality to succeed and then it got taken away.
Maybe,but then that never stopped the likes of Cyril regis and other trail blazers in the English game - while such attitude and behaviour was an utter disgrace,i think it made them even stronger.

Maybe,but then that never stopped the likes of Cyril regis and other trail blazers in the English game - while such attitude and behaviour was an utter disgrace,i think it made them even stronger.

Thats survivorship bias in a nut shell isn't it?

Sturridge - used to watch him playing for the youth team at the athletics stadium and you could see that he had quality but it was also noticeable even then that he didn't have the desire or application which could have pushed him to greater heights than he reached.

Sturridge - used to watch him playing for the youth team at the athletics stadium and you could see that he had quality but it was also noticeable even then that he didn't have the desire or application which could have pushed him to greater heights than he reached.
Yep. I used to watch him and think he just can't be arsed. Shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.