Players who were talented but did not have the mentality.

Jayjay Okocha
Quaresma

in the case of Jayjay Okocha, he just didn't fit the demographic at the time, back then it was all about the south american flavour

Quaresma has/had a lot of talent. He really doesn't give a shit at all, he can pick and choose whether he's in the mood. Him and Cristiano are complete polar opposites

Has anyone mentioned Gazza?

Shoutout to Michael Branch, who went from one of Everton's bright young hopes to being banged up in jail for dealing drugs.

What do we think of this lot? Class of Sven

• Rolando Bianchi (£8.8m)
  • Gelson Fernandes (£4.2m)
  • Geovanni (Free)
  • Martin Petrov (£4.7m)
  • Vedran Corluka (£11.7m)
  • Javier Garrido (£1.5m)
  • Elano (£8m)
  • Valeri Bojinov (£5.75m)
  • Felipe Caicedo (£5.25m)
  • Benjani (£3.87m)

Someone here mentioned Ronaldinho and I feel he is one of those players who could have been in contention for GOAT status if he took football a bit seriously. His displays for Barcelona around 2006 were some of the best I have ever seen in football.

What do we think of this lot? Class of Sven

• Rolando Bianchi (£8.8m)
  • Gelson Fernandes (£4.2m)
  • Geovanni (Free)
  • Martin Petrov (£4.7m)
  • Vedran Corluka (£11.7m)
  • Javier Garrido (£1.5m)
  • Elano (£8m)
  • Valeri Bojinov (£5.75m)
  • Felipe Caicedo (£5.25m)
  • Benjani (£3.87m)
Most of them were pretty average to poor IMHO. I think Sven was a massively overrated coach.

Off-topic but what are the views of people here on Owen? Does anyone think he could have achieved way more if he didn't have those injuries?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.