Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAALAND TO ENGLAND?

Chelsea
are planning a summer swoop for Borussia Dortmund forward Erling Haaland in 2021, reports The Sun.

The newspaper states Haaland reportedly has a £63m release clause in his Dortmund contract.

I think every major club in Europe are 'planning' to move for him - £63m is peanuts for what you'd be getting. It's just a matter of who he wants to choose and whether he's motivated by money, a project, status or all three.

Either way, it'll be a horrible, drawn-out saga. One I hope we'll win!

I think every major club in Europe are 'planning' to move for him - £63m is peanuts for what you'd be getting. It's just a matter of who he wants to choose and whether he's motivated by money, a project, status or all three.

Either way, it'll be a horrible, drawn-out saga. One I hope we'll win!

I think it's more a case of who will pay his agent what he wants, and by that i dont just mean the initial fee.
His agent will be wanting to move him on again within 3-4 years and will expect another payment to facilitate a move.

I think it's more a case of who will pay his agent what he wants, and by that i dont just mean the initial fee.
His agent will be wanting to move him on again within 3-4 years and will expect another payment to facilitate a move.

Bullseye mate!

If Haarland’s thought to be worth circa £100M (and big wages) but the release clause dictates that Dortmund can only get £63M for him, his agent won’t overlook that disparity - he’ll make the player + agent fee + outrageous wages = £100M+
And I agree that Raiola will be hawking him for a move within 18 months of signing a 5 year deal.

I don’t think we will pay what’s needed . For a start we don’t do bidding wars so that puts us straight out and also we don’t seem to want to break our pay structures either . If we don’t go for this guy it could set us back years .

I agree, sadly. I think Haaland will be perfect for us

10 years after signing Aguero, it would be symbolic to bring Haaland in to succeed him. £63m plus another £60m for his agent and his dad to split would still be an bargain.

We got our elite players early in the last decade because there was a surplus of them in circulation - all the top clubs were fully stocked with top-class talent so the likes of Silva, Kun, Toure etc were attainable; now the general quality has declined massively, so we have to do whatever we can to get hold of them whenever the opportunity arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.