West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

We won’t pay the money to get the equivalent replacements. i get that it will cost a lot of money but if we don’t then it’s going to cost us in the long run.
This is a good point. Previously we've not wanted to pay top dollar for the big players, believing we could get better value and to be fair that's worked. But the playing field is more even now. West ham had a 40m striker on the bench and another 40m winger out on loan.

Maybe the policy needs to change.

And another point I like to make is that the sudden change in formation doesn't help us in the slightest. Playing 2x CDM and not winning the midfield battle is hurting us. Rodri is too slow to change defense (let alone tackle or defend) into attack. What happened to the times where we had 2 attacking minded midfielders and one anchor in the midfield?

Looked a lot better when Foden came on but all that was lost when De Bruyne came on. Foden disappeared from view and De Bruyne was seriously poor in everything he did. Mahrez poor always taking too many touches, Sterling had 2 great chances and failed to even get a shot off, Aguero ineffectual. Defensively we looked ok today - only conceded to a fine goal from Antonio. Going forward it was pretty dire apart from Foden. He's got to start with Torres. We're just too easy to defend against without these two. Bernardo again making me wonder where the 2017/18 version went to.

This is a good point. Previously we've not wanted to pay top dollar for the big players, believing we could get better value and to be fair that's worked. But the playing field is more even now. West ham had a 40m striker on the bench and another 40m winger out on loan.

Maybe the policy needs to change.
thats a really good point.

What's alarming most is we could be a point behind Trafford red Sox later tonight after the same ammount of games and we bang on about them being shite

Takes like this are always at the bottom end of the intelligence spectrum. It’s basically claiming Moyes would never ever lose or draw a game if he was managing City.

Moyes took the Premier League champions and put them into an immediate nose dive.

No it isn't, it's looking at whether a manager could put out an 11, to win a game of football, with City's squad & whether Pep could win a game with West ham's, playing 2 non defenders in a back 4 & passing sideways.

Fucking no chance.

He just seems like he’s knackered to me. We know he gets tired and has a break after a few years. Seems like the beginning of the end to me.
Possibly, but if he wants out then go now. After the unbelievable team selection against Lyon and some of of the baffling choices he has made in the last few weeks it might be for the best if he goes sooner rather than later. He just seems to have lost his mojo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.