West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Big task ahead, Marseille away on Wednesday, will he stick with Mahrez/Sterling again?
With Kun seemingly off and Jesus too, will we see Delap start again?

I think we need a striker who puts fear into defences, Delap offers some aerial threat as well unlike Mahrez, Foden, Sterling.
(I cannot see a situation where Mahrez makes a jump for a cross and scores a header. When was last time like that?)

Its just lots of mediocre displays, Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, these guys need to pick themselves up and perform much better week in week out.

Bernardo especially need to get some creativity into the team.
Otherwise he will not be fit enough to replace the Magician.
Bernardo needs to get assists and goals for that regularly.

Also relative speed of the team is rubbish. first half was total shitshow with lack of urgency, same against Porto. We raised the level in both second halves.

to break down so deep defences we need very high tempo passing done very accurately with lot of runs movements in/around box. Compare that with slow build ups by Gundogan, Rodri, out to fullback, back to CB, while Mahrez is strolling upfront. Opponents happy with us playing like that.

From what I have seen so far and with the injuries we have and keep getting, I can’t see it.
No chance this season.

Could easily finish outside the top 6 without doubt given injuries will continue to pile up Pep's situation and seemingly lacking good support.

No spine or leadership in the team and our striking situation is incredibly fragile.

This team is not going to mount a title challenge this year

Too early. If we get Aguero, Ake and Jesus match-fit and running and say only 5 points behind the leaders, we have a chance. There is a title winning team there. Cancelo is showing promises on the attack, Foden is ready for our first XI, and Bernardo is coming back to form.

I agree, it could be losing his mother he hasn't been himself from the beginning of the season. I think sometimes we forget that people have lives because we are so focused on the football.

Weirdly my biggest problem with Pep is that he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Sterling on the left hasnt been up to it and Mahrez hasnt done enough in the right either. So when Ferran showed what he offered on the left how does Pep not try to use that more and shift Sterling right?

Bernardo is the weakest creatively between him, Foden and Kevin, so asking him to play that role and offer the energy and control with Gundogan and Rodri, like the last game, was a poor choice. But like the last game, when Foden came on we looked much better.

Defense I have no issue with because it was a well earned goal.

Pep needs to figure out the midfield and offense and I think he over thinks this way too much. If Rodri and Gundogan are statistically not working, then stop playing them.

If Sterling and Mahrez have been shit in their position for a couple games now, then switch it up.

I dont get how he makes decisions.

We have lost our cutting edge up front, teams were scared to attack us due to the pace we had up front with Sane and Sterling. Now we don't have that, Mahrez dosent have the pace of Sane and teams know how to defend against him. Sterling keeps looking on the counter for someone to be up with him,Sterling Sane combo was brilliant to watch. Torres does have pace he maybe can do that job if he got time to play.

Pep refused to win by taking out Bernardo and keeping Ilkay on the pitch..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.