West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

I'm pissed off with footy now, it's just not real, just look at some of the results, it just proves how important it is to have a full house driving the players on instead of the sterile shite we're watching on TV, when this is over I hope the match going fans get the recognition they deserve

Doesn't seem to be bothering Everton.

Well we are in a bit of a mess aren't we?

After a promising start at a tough place to go, Wolves, it's all been a bit hit and miss, mainly miss.

There are valid reasons why. No pre season, no proper rest and an horrendous injury record.

For me two decisions keep on coming back to haunt us. Still, after three seasons, not sorting out the left back position and going into seasons with only two forwards who are both prone to injuries. People can say we have Sterling and Mahrez but we see time after time they pass up great chances from good positions.

We badly need bodies back. Poor Dias has come in and instead of trying to form a partnership with Laporte he has a rookie kid who doesn't want to be here. This report if true means he needs to be binned from the squad but stubborn Pep won't do it.

"Eric Garcia plans to resist all of Pep Guardiola and #ManCity's efforts to ‘seduce’ him this season and return to Barcelona next year. Garcia has told friends he plans to return ‘home’ in January or next summer, and has made his decision for personal reasons."

We are in a major rebuilding job and unless we get players back fit and firing on all cylinders soon the title challenge will be over in weeks. Five points behind Liverpool, no guarantee we'll win the game in hand on present form and Liverpool to play soon. We could be 8-11 points behind them if we lose that game.

Players that need seriously looking at as to whether to replace or not are Cancelo, Stones, Mendy, Mahrez Rodri and Bernardo. The last may surprise a lot but one good season in three isn't the level we want or need. Gundogan could be thrown into that mix too if I'm honest. It's too big and it's that way because he players recruited for big money and wages just haven't come up to the standard we thought they would be.

It is what it is but we will probably have another disappointing season by our recent standards and see where we are at the end with Pep and the revamp.needed.
Poor Diaz? Well yes he is poor actually but I can't believe you feel sorry for him..

No teams had a proper pre season.
After that I skimmed the rest and saw you said something about getting rid of Bernardo and decided it wasn’t worth reading

Ours was the worst. The Bernardo point was a fair way down so you read a bit then, but it's just my opinion, I'm not advising Pep or anyone at the club, or asking you to agree. I didn't actually say get rid of him I said his position needs looking at, along with some others. We need consistency and so far one good season in three isn't that. Let's hope this season his form comes back to the levels we know he can achieve.

Ferran and Foden on the left. This seems like a no-brainer partnership to foster.
Cancelo and Bernardo on the right. They literally play together for Portugal this should obviously be fostered.

The duality of having a left and right footed player on both sides is very useful.

KdB or Gundogan in between Foden and Bernardo. Can even play both with KdB as a false 9 until Jesus is back and we would absolutely dominate the midfield with Gundogan, Bernie, Foden and KdB.

Switch something Pep, this would be my thought. Gives Sterling and Mahrez rest, and Cancelo RW is a very interesting idea to me.
Makes too much sense that, Pep gets off on playing players in wrong positions

I’ve been really frustrated this last 12 months or so with the team more so than ever and I’ve been going to city for 30 years and seen some shite and I can’t put my finger on why. I think part of it comes down to the money involved and the huge amounts we are paying for bang average players who have no connection at all to city or the fans. The only time I’ve got excited this last year is when the young lads have been getting a chance. The Delap goal I think is the only goal that has got me off my sofa this year I was buzzing for him.
I’d like to see a change in direction from the club and make a proper commitment to getting some of these top youngsters through half of who are local city fans. I’d take and accept a couple of years of non title pushes and inconsistent results to try and get these lads through. A spine of local lads with the financial clout to compliment them with Europe’s Elite players should be the aim.

That was all on Pep. Stupid line up on Wednesday which was proved stupid with the performance. Then to pick the same team after the two subs lit up the second half.. isn’t an oversite. It’s moronic. Totally dumb. As were two of his substitutions today (wrong player coming off for the second and the third was just bewildering).

Basically, Pep has been toppled by Leon, smashed by Leicester, struggled with Leeds, almost fucked up an easy home tie against Porto and gave West Ham a 1 goal lead and when we equalise turned into tinker man.

any other big club and at best he would have been sat in board room defending his recent incompetence at worst sat in the Sky TV studio as special guest putting himself out there for a new job because he’ d been sacked.
BFS is available...

WE are desperate for some energy and enthusiasm in this team.

The likes of Doyle would bring that, but there is not a chance in hell that Pep will pick him or any of the other kids to play in a premier fixture.
Pep would rather play Gundogan as false 9 then give minutes to Delap or play Doyle. You shouldn't be surprised of someone ccomes calling for Delap maybe Dortmund when they eventually sell Haaland and that may hell happen in July August

We don't need wholesale changes but the following should not be in the squad next year.

Mahrez, unsuited to the way we play and workshy.
Agüero. Legend but injuries are catching up with him. Also always thought he planned to leave at the end of this season.
Mendy. Sadly he's never fit.

Garcia as he wants out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.