#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS Gundogan!!! Who are the haters gonna whine about now :(
Anyone who has a different opinion than you and gives his honest assessment on a particular player is deemed to be a hater by you. This type of attitude is really pathetic...grow up pal.

Anyone who has a different opinion than you and gives his honest assessment on a particular player is deemed to be a hater by you. This type of attitude is really pathetic...grow up pal.
Yikes! Someone can't take a joke. Enyoy your morning .. pal!

Average at best.He made a few nice passes and obviously got on the score sheet,but he just doesn't seem to fit the rest of our play,as he's generally miles off the pace and not in tune with our fluidity and directness.
We have better players going forward and we have better players in defence.......He looked like an old man last night when he was required to shift himself.

3 very good games in a row now from Gundogan and popping up with vital goals. Gives us the control we miss from Silva’s absence. Hoping we see him in the 6 role with kdb and Bernardo/Foden infront of him once we’ve got everyone back fit, that’s how we start smashing these sides that are playing 5 at the back and making us struggle.

The perfect games for him to ping those lofted balls forward to the winger right over defenders' heads. Love those Gundogan assists.

Excellent performance from Gundo! I’ve said it before but tell me a team in Europe where he wouldn’t walk into their midfield? He would get into all Europe’s elite midfields. He has a flaws which get exposed in our system but he certainly not as bad as some make out on here.

Last edited:
Was very good. Benefited from having the full backs tucked in with Rodri, which allowed him to play 5-10 yards further forward.

Another performance of seemless quality control from Ilkay, when he does what he does last night we dominate teams as they cant get near us and he just keeps it simple and keeps the opposition moving to cover. Last night was perfect from him, plus he got a goal, a part of his game that is under rated is his ability to get on the end of things and finish.

Keeping the game simple is often missed in football, fans love the 40 yard defence splitting balls , but somebody has to get the ball to the player who does that and create the space for it to be done. Ilkay is a master at this. His constant metronomic movement of the ball over short passes makes the sspace for the likes of Kev to exploit.

An excellent performance from him last night and if his critics think otherwise then they must have been watching a different game to me.

3 very good games in a row now from Gundogan and popping up with vital goals. Gives us the control we miss from Silva’s absence. Hoping we see him in the 6 role with kdb and Bernardo/Foden infront of him once we’ve got everyone back fit, that’s how we start smashing these sides that are playing 5 at the back and making us struggle.

I've not been overly impressed with him the last few games. Not that I think he's been bad, I just don't think he's been as good as he can be when on the ball.

I agree though, I'd love to see him at the base of midfield with Kev and Foden ahead of him. You'll never get a 10/10 defensive performance out of him but with a backline of Walker, Dias, Laporte and Ake I reckon we'll be solid enough to mop up almost any quick counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.