F A Youth cup semi-final v Blackburn Friday 30th Oct Live on BT

You're probably gonna struggle for the full match replay unless you know someone with BT SPORTS , as they will probably have the full match on replay for a while on their sports app .... other than that the 'City for TV' app will probably have it on replay, but there's a small subscription for that .. think it's £1-99.

There is a 60min highlight on BT 2
Sun@7pm

Nice one guys, I'll give it a watch tomorrow.

It looksl ike we got that McAtee from the rags academy ... he was impressive tonite , and is imppressive for City reguarly apparently , so it looks like United might just have dropped a clanger there!
Kids absolute dynamite, he's at the foden potential level. Not even worried to say that.

I won't pretend to be an expert on the current crop, but having seen us bullied in previous Finals, it strikes me that these players seem far stronger, both mentally and physically,, with attitude and self belief in abundence.
As for progressing to regular first team football, you only have to reference David White and Kieran Grippier to see that it's not always the most obvious player who develops the furthest
Similarly, despite all their previous physical dominance, most of those Chelsea players remain stuck in fringe- football limbo
In those three finals we (Chelsea) used 35 players. All of them later achieved professional contracts, 14 of them have played, or are playing, Premier League football and 8 of them are full internationals.

In those three finals we (Chelsea) used 35 players. All of them later achieved professional contracts, 14 of them have played, or are playing, Premier League football and 8 of them are full internationals.
Did Reece James play in one of the finals against us.
Can remember a young Chelsea right back being great in one of the finals.
Same running style as him.
Also an small midfield player being very good in the midfield.
One of the finals at the academy.

I'm not disputing that mate

I'm just questioning how many would walk into a Too Four team 3+4 years later.

Callum hudson odoi played against one year. He looked better than sancho that night. Maybe him ?

Reece James and Callum Hudson-Odoi destroyed us down the right hand side in 2017.

Yes Reece played in the 2017 final against you as part of a back three.

Dujon Sterling might be the right back you have in mind. He did well in that same final scoring a goal and setting up another in the second leg. Although Dujon came to academy prominence before Reece and Tariq Lamptey (now making a mark for Brighton) he eventually struggled for game time behind those two. He's been on a couple of decent but unspectacular loans and does not appear to be on a Chelsea first team trajectory.

Could the midfielder have been Mount who captained one of the sides against you, or perhaps McEachran who was an under 17 World Cup Winner with Foden & others?

Yes Reece played in the 2017 final against you as part of a back three.

Dujon Sterling might be the right back you have in mind. He did well in that same final scoring a goal and setting up another in the second leg. Although Dujon came to academy prominence before Reece and Tariq Lamptey (now making a mark for Brighton) he eventually struggled for game time behind those two. He's been on a couple of decent but unspectacular loans and does not appear to be on a Chelsea first team trajectory.

Could the midfielder have been Mount who captained one of the sides against you, or perhaps McEachran who was an under 17 World Cup Winner with Foden & others?

Am expecting a good game tonite mate .... i was really impressed with your lot against what was a very strong United performance , and i thought Chelsea did really well to come out on top ..... hadn't seen much of either City or Chelsea youth this season until the other night , but it's pretty clear that both clubs have young players who could eventually make the grade , if they aren't knocking on the first team door already ..... and it will be interesting to see if this talented young City team can come up with the goods tonite , because i really can't see Chelsea taking their foot off the gas now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.