Olympiakos (H) Post-Match Thread

That’s our new strategy.

Go up a goal early, bring on the groundsman to repaint the lines, watch them fall in to a extreme state of boredom, and then pounce in the last 20 minutes.

Never mind the game. Get on the election thread and give us news on the exit polls ;-)

With just 47 seconds of the match left, Darke says "I think the Olympiacos manager knows now the game has gone".
Brilliant insight,
His best of the night for me was; “Valbuena is not as young as he used to be”...

No shit pal, nobody is as young as they used to be!

I think the real difference with us at the moment is even though we are not at full tilt and several players don’t look like they have more than 60 mins football in them at that pace, we are finally keeping clean sheets long enough for substitutions making a difference against a tired opposition.

It worries me that Pep won’t make the changes earlier but we have enough youth/energy between Foden who only lasted about 20 minutes tonight by my reckoning, Torres, Sterling and now Gabby.
Throw Bernardo in there too and I think it really does show that we move the ball quicker with a selection of these players on the pitch.

Mahrez got a lot of praise first half but tbh it only masked the problem of our slowness and predictability with him normally.

I think energy is the key for us and movement up front.

Quite a satisfying night.
Top of the bill is a clean sheet, for me.

Now Liverpool.
Walker Dias Laporte Ake
Bernardo Rodri/Gundo Kev
Torres Gabby Sterling

We dominated, but scoreline flatters in some ways. Could have been 1-1 or even 1-2 before we scored the 2nd.

Defence is improved but the last two games clean sheets have been a bit misleading.

Olympiacos were never scoring tonight even if we played for 3 hours. We were solid and scored some good goals
That’s doubly true given they had two practically open goal chances and put both in the stands.

Perhaps they were confused about *how* goals are scored? ;-)

Stunning Gabby strike and really nice goals from Torres and Cancelo but those highlights aside, it was like watching paint dry.
Have to agree,I wouldn’t use the word laboured,but the intensity dropped seems to be a pattern so far although that could be down to getting up to speed with no pre season..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.