Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Great game against a great team with a huge advantage in terms of fitness. City showed character responding from behind and had clear opportunities to win the match...

Players such as Raz, Kevin, Kyle etc need rest desperately, nevertheless gave all they got, cannot ask for more. Feran is developing (while Yota, for example, is already the finished article). Gabby (who is still a kid) has just returned, will score again and deliver a MOM performance. Joao, yet unestablished, is gradually finding his steps (and could have decided the match with that wonderful key pass to Gabby). The central defensive duo composed and calm against a lethal attacking line. Ilkay generally reliable while Rodri is expected to struggle in matches with high intensity. Nothing new about that, the boy does show commitment but will have to improve in terms of speed of thought and decision making so as to survive in the PL. Bernardo is still searching his confidence and form...

City needed to control the rhythm of the match, could not afford the luxury to heighten the pace and / or commit a lot of people forward, the reasons are obvious. In general, I'm satisfied with what I've seen displayed on a heavy pitch (which made things even more complicated). I would prefer to blend our game with some directness though. We can play our forwards in space from behind more often I believe, which will provide another dimension complementing our usual patient, short passing build up in search of the decisive combination. City need to work on these alternative patterns, it will benefit the team significantly...

PS. I know that all the above do not make much sense for some people. Which means they will continue with their unrealistic expectations and their unfair criticism. Towards this kind of ignorance (or trolling) people like me will keep defending the team...
PS2. Once again, this time in a derby at home, City were fucked by the ref. The rules of the game are completely different for City. Fact. Every touch on a Liverpool player is a foul, City players need to bleed so as to earn one. I don't know why Pawson even needed to check the monitor for the penalty, didn't he see the hand ball? While highlight of the match, that throw in incident : Mane kicks the ball inside the pitch to give his teammates time to reorganize, in front of Pawson's eyes. Instead of booking him, the ref volunteers to take the ball out of the pitch himself...
I will never understand the club's strategy towards this situation, witnessed consistently week in week out. Why we have accepted this attitude as normality, it's totally beyond me. I'm sorry, but it affects our psychology, it influences our performance, the team suffers. Yet we remain silent and generous...

Yes and not used again. Foden is not Silva no matter how much we want him to be. He does not dictate games like Silva.

The only way to find out is for pep to play him and he has restricted his role to a winger.

Point remains: the team is not functioning in attack without Silva.
Or Aguero or Jesus

Should have won. Usual Liverpool blowing out their arse after 25 mins.
True
With mane and salah they are always a threat though
My only consolation is they will struggle to replace them which ultimately will result in them being shite again
Just not soon enough

Glad no mahrez today
Not the time for passengers
Bernado getting back to previous levels

In the summer if we have to either buy a forward or a playmaker I hope we choose the latter. A forward will win a game on his own but the playmaker will win us the league.

I think the most obvious difference between our style of play and Liverpool's is our actions on turnovers. In short Liverpool always look to exploit any space at speed whilst our mantra is to simply make a pass. It's bloody infuriating and ponderous to watch as by the time we've decided to attack, Liverpool have everyone covering, yet if we lose possession we are often outnumbered as our midfielders look like they are treading water.
erm
that is what happens in every single game we play v whoever
gone are the days of lightening quick counter attacks
its been like this for 18 months v everyone we play

its almost as if pep thinks its not fare to use that advantage
its so frustrating seeing us drag the ball back to our back 4
from an attcking position
but without fail,we do it time and time again

Love the free ride being given to KDB. He was rank today - that's not even accounting for his penalty miss. If he's as tired a everyone keeps saying then tell him he can have a month off. Foden and Bernardo (still waiting for him to get up and running this season though) can fill in for him. Nothing excuses a penalty miss at home against your main rivals with the scores level.
He does need time off. However, I would never ever blame a player for missing a penalty. Shit happens. If you have the balls to stand up and take them, you’re going to miss the odd one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.