Greg Clarke resigns as FA chairman

M M

mat

Masters talking lots of management bollocks. PPV to be dropped. "Changes to reflect European football are coming". Stumbled over why investment in Newcastle was blocked. And backed Chelsea spending lots of money.

Surprised no MP has taken a cheap shot at us.

MPs gave him a kicking.

Rick Parry up now.

Does anything ever comes of these? Just seems a point scoring exercise for MPs without any real accountability.
It's a load of bollocks.

MPs pretend to be outraged and get their soundbites In the news. "PL took advantage of the crisis to get their pound of flesh" will probably be the quote all over the news later.

Parry sounds like the scouse wideboy we know he is. Again, surprised he hasn't slagged us off yet. Wouldn't give a proper answer when asked about what he knew about Wigan betting scams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Clarke up now being grilled about the Rags/Dippers stitch up.

It's a load of bollocks.

MPs pretend to be outraged and get their soundbites In the flesh. "PL taken advantage bog the crisis to get their pound of flesh" will probably be the quote all over the news late.

Parry sounds like the scouse wideboy we know he is. Again, surprised he hasn't slagged us off yet. Wouldn't give a proper answer when asked about what he knew about Wigan betting scams.
I didn't catch it all - just the end. These things are only ever a public shaming. The UK government has very little influenbce over professional football. All they can do is shame the organisers into acting. On that basis - I think they did a reasonable job.

Does anything ever comes of these? Just seems a point scoring exercise for MPs without any real accountability.
Nothing ever happens from these sham committees. Below is the Select Committee report into the governance of football carried out in 2011. It was sparked by the debt crisis in the game and concerns over transfer deal corruption. (Fat Sam and bungs etc). The recommendations were totally ignored and nowadays clubs like United have even bigger debts of £600m and many lower league clubs are still run by cowboys and conmen.
Interestingly the main ideas from this report were undermined after being leaked to the media early. Rick Parry was a consultant to the Select Committee at the time and was among a group of people who were asked if they knew how the information may have been leaked...then it was all kicked into the long grass.

I didn't catch it all - just the end. These things are only ever a public shaming. The UK government has very little influenbce over professional football. All they can do is shame the organisers into acting. On that basis - I think they did a reasonable job.
Chair of FA on now being asked why it took him 18 meetings to conclude the rags and dippers were trying to rig the balance in their favour.

The 3 biggest club investors in women’s football.... I nearly fell of my chair.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.