Bluemoon Angling Thread

20201113_140843.jpghad a couple of hours on the canal at Adlington, and here is the result, I didn't catch it, my daughter who has only fished once before caught it, well over a pound, closer to 1.5lb, I was really chuffed, it gave me confidence in my set up, thrilled to bits

Well done Peace Frog! A big perch is a very impressive creature, isn’t it?

Two short blanks of an hour each for me Thursday and Friday with the lures on the canal and river. Saturday morning I aborted the dawn start due to inclement weather and ended up doing 9-4pm on a reservoir which contains big pike. I fished two pike rods, and snatched livebaits with a pole.

Had one bite, on a legered sardine, and it was a pike of about 9lb.

talking of big perch, the specimen lake at Border fisheries once yielded a five pounder, which i flat out refused to believe but there were pictures and witnesses...
Wouldn’t surprise me although 5 sounds a lot. But most of those commercials have massive perch because they are the Alex predator.

I had an afternoon today so headed out to the same reservoir (Hilltop Reservoir). As it’s name suggests it’s really exposed and as I drove I realised it was windy as hell and I didn’t fancy an afternoon hanging onto my unhooking mat and brolly. So I diverted to a canal and set up two deadbait rods with the intention of searching the water half an hour in each spot.

I’d been fishing half an hour and some noddy with his noisy little girl decides to set up right next to me. I picked up my stuff and moved. Just before I cast a couple landed 10 yards next to me on the other side, with tackle more suited to marlin fishing.

I wasn’t feeling it and fucked off home without even casting. Every angler needs to follow that instinct sometimes.

talking of big perch, the specimen lake at Border fisheries once yielded a five pounder, which i flat out refused to believe but there were pictures and witnesses...
ive had a 2.5 lb out of staceys , there was a guy that used to go round the speci lake after everyone had packed up, armed with a prawn he would hunt for perch, I've never heard of a 5lb perch coming out of the speci lake though, not that i wonder if i would be allow to lure fish on there ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.