Liverpool (H) - Post-Match Thread

Argument doesn't stack up for me when we only used 1 sub
There was no point using 3 subs, the risk to reward ratio was weighted too much towards potential injuries. 5 subs, in my opinion, would put a different complexion on it. With 5 subs you could protect players for next matches, which are coming thick and fast, and put more pressure on that weakened Liverpool defence with fresh legs.

Milner will play right back, Matip and Fabinho will be their starting option.

Would be tested against a pace merchant like Vardy or Auba.

Matip is also very injury prone.

Fabinho now spending the remainder of the season as a CB is their biggest problem. Both VVD in central defence and Fabinho playing in the middle of the park has been the root of their marked improvement these past few seasons. It’s what turned them from being a decent team offensively but not much else to title challengers/ winners in recent years. Alison obviously helped but it’s those two that made the sudden sharp improvement.

What’s more worrying is that he went down when nobody was near him. He wasn’t tackled or anything and I think it was to do with his knee which he has had problems with in the past.
Next few games will be interesting to say the least. No Trent, VVD or Gomez
A lot of people state how reliant you guys are on VVD. The game that sticks in my mind is the 5 nil. This was before VVD and you were giving us a good game until Mane got sent off. If you lose him and VVD then I think you are in big trouble, until then teams will still be reluctant to get at your weakened defence knowing the potency of your attack.

Constantly criticising players and Pep isn't attractive either. Besides, when was being attractive on a forum a goal?

You can have an opinion on anything yeah. But as much as you have the right to an opinion it doesn't entitle the bad ones to go unignored.

The bit about emotions is fine, but the lack of self awareness by many on that front (not you though in fairness) is a personal irritant of mine.

And nobody's ever written that they know more than Pep but you can sure infer it. When you have posters calling him a coward; still not understanding to this day why he picks Gundogan and Mahrez; and GENUINELY assuming that the only reason he likes Garcia is because he's biased towards Barcelona academy players to the point of being blinded by it, then yeah I'm inclined to agree with @asahartford1 on this one.
You are a bit anal aout stuff , firing off on a forum is just that , pep isnt reading it

You are a bit anal aout stuff , firing off on a forum is just that , pep isnt reading it
Personal remarks and poorly spelt judgments aside, just because Pep doesn't read it doesn't make it right. It's akin to bitching about someone behind their back and you might be cool with that, and that's your prerogative, but I think it's in poor taste.

I was shocked they gave the pen for mane.. seriously did they even touch skin?? It was the softest pen i have seen in a very long time. Beyond a joke.

Rugby union, i agree nothing to see.
It was though a definite penalty. Walker was a little slow reacting, Mane was very quick reacting to the opportunity.

Kyle apart from a couple of huge errors , has been monumental this season

Personal remarks and poorly spelt judgments aside, just because Pep doesn't read it doesn't make it right. It's akin to bitching about someone behind their back and you might be cool with that, and that's your prerogative, but I think it's in poor taste.
Jesus christ, it is football and this is a forum, one thing this year has taught us, well me, it is not as important as it was

Jesus christ, it is football and this is a forum, one thing this year has taught us, well me, it is not as important as it was
You are being a bit anal about this. It's a forum and if I have a opinion I should be allowed it without you telling me off over it. I mean none of this is important and yet here you are not letting it go.

Right?

Rugby union, i agree nothing to see.
It was though a definite penalty. Walker was a little slow reacting, Mane was very quick reacting to the opportunity.

Kyle apart from a couple of huge errors , has been monumental this season
Probably since the original hiatus in March he’s been the most consistent...

I would imagine Pep hammered home all week in training to be cautious in and around the box, especially with the dippers, who have this down to a fine art now, however, if anyone deserves a pass (despite his off field shenanigans), it’s Walker...

Off field I’ve been told he’s a right billy big bollocks, but you can’t question his commitment on the field, you’d be hard pressed to find a better fullback at present!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.