Derby County - Rooney leaves with immediate effect (p69)

He did, though the referee spoke up for him at his hearing, after Big Joe had proved him wrong.
I was stood behind City's goal when that incident happened. One of the most farcical things I've ever seen at a football match (until VAR came in, of course). We could see from the terrace that the ref's paced-out penalty spot was clearly less than 12 yards. The pitch that day was a disgrace, even in a time when "heavy pitches" were the norm.

This is a really exciting time for our ten year old but it's a double edged sword. We both love bobbing down to Pride Park for a handful of games a season as we live fairly near nowadays but how long before we can't get tickets if they become successful. I'm not likely to get Derby season tickets because I'm City, and my wife and me are long standing season ticket holders at City. I'm lucky that he's not pulling at the heart strings, asking for a Derby season ticket, though he asked once last year...

Might have to join their membership scheme though...

This is a really exciting time for our ten year old but it's a double edged sword. We both love bobbing down to Pride Park for a handful of games a season as we live fairly near nowadays but how long before we can't get tickets if they become successful. I'm not likely to get Derby season tickets because I'm City, and my wife and me are long standing season ticket holders at City. I'm lucky that he's not pulling at the heart strings, asking for a Derby season ticket, though he asked once last year...

Might have to join their membership scheme though...
Tell your lad that if he doesn't behave himself you'll take him to Pride Park more regularly. That should solve your dilemma !

Rooney has taken the interim manager's role at Derby as predicted a few pages back. Well done that man. I guess it will be only interim, nobody can be that stupid...

I was stood behind City's goal when that incident happened. One of the most farcical things I've ever seen at a football match (until VAR came in, of course). We could see from the terrace that the ref's paced-out penalty spot was clearly less than 12 yards. The pitch that day was a disgrace, even in a time when "heavy pitches" were the norm.
I remember watching it on MotD, and even my mum was getting mad at the ref!

I take an interest in the Rams as my Mrs supports them. The day they first mentioned Rooney I predicted he would become manager

However, a couple of observations:

Derby last played 8 days ago then it was an international break - why wait a week to sack Cocu?

If the takeover is imminent its unusual for the outgoing board to sack a manager. They normally leave him in place and let the new guys decide/foot the bill as per Wolves and Kenny Jackett in 2016.

Appointing Rooney when in such a perilous position is a huge and potentially fatal gamble unless someone else is lined up. They need experience at this point - even BFS on a short term deal plus Rooney is more use on the pitch than in the dugout.

I feel sorry for Cocu. He was an ambitious appointment but you can't ignore a club like Derby being bottom ofthe Championship. Even Wednesday have overtaken them and they started on minus points!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.