Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Does it not worry you when they state this as the reason for joining?

We are Manchester City FC, not Pep FC for me it still paints us as a small time club riding the shirttails of a great manager.

All three of those players should have been jumping at the chance to join us 'whoever' the fucking manager was.

It pisses me right off tbh.

Doesn't worry me in the slightest.

I think u kinda missed the point tbh.

Reactions: CC1
We are lucky to have him but most important of all, he is a very lucky man to be the manager at this football club at this time.

He does not want for anything, has a wonderful owner and board that give him all that he needs.

Honestly, everything he's said in public indicates that he's lucid about that. I genuinely think that we can take it at face value when he says that he doesn't want to be staying on here and stealing a living (ok, he didn't exactly use those words). If he's not winning trophies for us, he has no business being here as, I believe, the highest paid manager in the world. At this point, and with the ambitions of this club, getting top four isn't enough. He knows it. He'd never have accepted that at Barcelona. He'd never have accepted it at Bayern. And it's respecting us if he doesn't accept it here.

Explain why it’s a nothing argument?? if Pep goes, who do you suggest replaces him to the benefit of the club, I can’t think of anyone.
I say he goes, what do you advise City do to replace him, I’m genuinely interested to hear..

Only to someone who doesn't have an answer...

To be fair, if you both read my comment on the page before* that then it's pretty clear that I've acknowledged that I don't know who the replacement would be.

I also think it's a question in relatively bad faith seeing as whoever I could mention would be immeditalely shot down as being inferior to Pep. I'm not well connected enough to know who would be available and I'm not clairvoyant enough to know who would work out.

We've won titles under each of the last three managers so I'm comfortable letting the club find a suitable replacement. But I also think it's worth noting that the previous two didn't exactly go out on a high.

Last edited:
Doesn't worry me in the slightest.

I think u kinda missed the point tbh.
What point?

I was asking you a question about what you said in your post, the previous conversation was irrelevant to it tbh.

As you aren't bothered that question was answered fully.

Again, I can see where you're coming from but I don't think Pep or any other manager is going to rebuild this team into something long lasting on his own. That's down to recruitment and the quality and mentality of the players we bring in. The manager can have input in that department but when you look at the failed transfers of the likes of Sanchez, Jorginho and Maguire (and if we're taking the reports of Pep being extremely disappointed at missing out on them as fact), I think it shows he isn't exactly bang on the money when it comes to freshening up the squad with quality young players.

In my opinion, the most important thing a manager can do is get the most out of the squad he has at his disposal and I don't think Pep has done that for over a year. It's not a question of results and silverware but one of performances and fixing recurring issues and I think things have stagnated under him.

I get that he's Pep Guardiola and his pedigree speaks for itself but you could have said the same thing about Mourinho about seven years or so ago. Times change and I'm not saying he's fallen behind but it does happen to even the greatest managers so I'm not putting more faith in him than I think our performances deserve just because of his name.

To be honest, I think you’re wrong and for the reasons already given.

Some United fans used to say the same thing about Ferguson whenever they didn’t win the league but it would all be swept under the rug when they’d win the league again within 1-2 years.

By next summer we’ll likely have completed the rebuild and there’s no one who will do a better job overseeing that team. Even this season, if we go on to win the league we will have won the league in 3 of the last 4 seasons. No team has bettered that in the history of English football.

I guess only time will prove you wrong rather than words at this point though.

Explain why it’s a nothing argument?? if Pep goes, who do you suggest replaces him to the benefit of the club, I can’t think of anyone.
I say he goes, what do you advise City do to replace him, I’m genuinely interested to hear..
If he goes we will find a new manager, this is the life of a football club, we will not die off when Pep leaves, we will get a new manager and he will come in with his own ideas.

Like Mancini - title, Pellegrini - title, Pep - title.

Julian Nagelsmann - Leipzig FC
Marcelo Bielsa - Leeds
Marcelo Gallardo - River Plate another Bielsa devotee
Marco Rose - Borussia Monchengladbach, a Klopp fan.

I could add Pochettino, Villa-Boas whose stock is rising again, Brendan Rogers who could very well do a great job here and maybe bring more youth through to the first team.

If Pep decides to go it will be an end to a great period for us but it isn't the end of us as a great club with a future.

To be fair, if you both read my comment on the page before* that then it's pretty clear that I've acknowledged that I don't know who the replacement would be.

I also think it's a question in relatively bad faith seeing as whoever I could mention would be immeditalely shot down as being inferior to Pep. I'm not well connected enough to know who would be available and I'm not clairvoyant enough to know who would work out.

We've won titles under each of the last three managers so I'm comfortable letting the club find a suitable replacement. But I also think it's worth noting that the previous two didn't exactly go out on a high.
A nothing argument is calling for or suggesting a change without stating what you would like the change to be. I have no problem with you stating you want a change or even putting it out there but let me know what that change is and we can then discuss the merits of it..

There is nobody out there available or not who can replace Pep and do as well as him, that’s my opinion for what it’s worth..

If he goes we will find a new manager, this is the life of a football club, we will not die off when Pep leaves, we will get a new manager and he will come in with his own ideas.

Like Mancini - title, Pellegrini - title, Pep - title.

Julian Nagelsmann - Leipzig FC
Marcelo Bielsa - Leeds
Marcelo Gallardo - River Plate another Bielsa devotee
Marco Rose - Borussia Monchengladbach, a Klopp fan.

I could add Pochettino, Villa-Boas whose stock is rising again, Brendan Rogers who could very well do a great job here and maybe bring more youth through to the first team.

If Pep decides to go it will be an end to a great period for us but it isn't the end of us as a great club with a future.
There are some very good names on your list and in time maybe we can land one of them, as it stands though I’m happy with Pep and I think he’s got a lot more to achieve at City before he goes .. At least another 2 seasons would do me ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.