Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

Brilliant! A couple of drunken scans and I've seen 129 off the list, some of em multiple times.
ANGEL- lucky so and so! Where and when?
The mighty Silverwing! Lol.
Sadly Angel and Starz were not in their glory days or the full line-ups. Angel was last year in a small venue in Camden; it's just Punky and Frank. I saw them the year before in the same place and they were very good and got a great response so donned the white outfits and came back as Angel. Frank's voice has held up well and they have a decent set of musicians with them. Pity the can't the demand isn't there fro them to do theatres with a full show.

So you know Silverwing? I actually have a photo of Silverwing's drummer with Frank and Punky taken backstage at their gig in Stoke that he sent to me. Silverwing's drummer was best man at my wedding. The 'wing morphed into a band called Pet Hate and they had an album (Bad Publicity) produced by Eddie Leonetti who had produced the last two Angel studio albums. Bad Publicity had a cover inspired by the original idea for the Sinful album and Frank and Punky knew about that. I used to roadie for Silverwing and do their lights in my Uni days.

Never made the early RUSH tours, wasn’t old enough. First time was in 1980. Didn’t miss any after that and made trips to the US or Canada for several gigs.

Stray and Andy Dunkley supported the 1977 tour, Tyla Gang on the 1978 tour, Max Webster in ’79 on the Hemispheres dates, and Wild Horses for the two gigs at Bingley Hall later in ’79. Quartz in 1980, No support in ’81, ’83 and ’88, Primus in ’92. No support after that.

Yes, I'm that old!

Would have loved to have seen them in the States when they stopped coming to Europe for several years, and od, of course, the final tour.

Did see both nights at Bingley.

June 30, 1995... Roskilde, Denmark.
I was pissed and tired and didn't go along with my mates to see this artist from the states I had not heard of before.
I wish I had, cause that was Jeff Buckley, who just a few weeks later became my all time favorite artist. Sadly he passed away just two years later and I never got to see/hear him live. Fuck.

Also I would like to have seen Queen with Freddie.

I really miss live music.

I wished I had seen the outfield live. Loved their sound. Guitarist john spinks died in 2016 and I've just seen that the lead singer Tony lewis died last month.
RIP lads.... Josie's on a vacation far away

I was pissed and tired and didn't go along with my mates to see this artist from the states I had not heard of before.
I wish I had, cause that was Jeff Buckley,

You have my condolences. I don't think I'd ever quite get over that.
Closest I come to that is having been at the site of the Isle of Wight festival in the summer of 1970, camping with mates the evening before it was due to start. I had to leave the next morning, catch the ferry back across the water to Portsmouth, and go on the last holiday I went on with my family (where I was frankly bored out of my mind, even if that sounds ungrateful). So I missed Hendrix, and a few weeks later he was dead. By all accounts, though, he wasn't very good. He was already on that downward slope.
Dream gig that there's no way I could have got to, so nothing to regret, really – Monterey Pop, ’67. My God!

Yes, I'm that old!

Would have loved to have seen them in the States when they stopped coming to Europe for several years, and od, of course, the final tour.

Did see both nights at Bingley.
Bingley Hall, what an awful place that was, promoters packed them in there, I remember the '81 Rush gig, probably 8-9,000 in a hall that should have had 5,000 in. I'm lucky to have a relative who lives in British Columbia, so I caught the Power Windows Tour in '86 in Vancouver, in '94 I saw the Test for Echo tour at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. Vancouver, again for Vapor Trails in 2002, and finally both nights in Toronto for the R40 tour in 2015, best decision I ever made gig wise to go over for those.
Ever bump into Ross Halfin when doing your photography?
Yep several times, mainly at gigs that were special in some way, first or last show on a tour, one off's etc.
He wasn't the most approachable of guys, seemed really pissed off that other photographers were working in the same spot as him, or we might pinch work off him.

Reactions: OB1
Bingley Hall, what an awful place that was, promoters packed them in there, I remember the '81 Rush gig, probably 8-9,000 in a hall that should have had 5,000 in. I'm lucky to have a relative who lives in British Columbia, so I caught the Power Windows Tour in '86 in Vancouver, in '94 I saw the Test for Echo tour at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. Vancouver, again for Vapor Trails in 2002, and finally both nights in Toronto for the R40 tour in 2015, best decision I ever made gig wise to go over for those.

Yep several times, mainly at gigs that were special in some way, first or last show on a tour, one off's etc.
He wasn't the most approachable of guys, seemed really pissed off that other photographers were working in the same spot as him, or we might pinch work off him.

The Cow Shed had a lot of faults but it could generate a helluva an atmosphere - the Queen gig that inspired We Are The Champions being a prime example. Saw some great gigs there.

I suspect Ross has changed a bit. I've not seen or heard from him for years but knew him because he photographed my best friends' band for a Sounds feature way back and we met him numerous times over the next few years; including him getting us backstage passes for Day in the Green in Oakland and UFO / Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena when we were on holiday in U.S.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.