Bands you wished you'd seen and bands you did see

Probably mid 90's when I last saw Ross, when did he shoot your mates band?

Saw quite a few at the cow shed, Rainbow, Rush, Bruce Springsteen, Kiss, Bon Jovi, ZZ Top among others, once the NEC became more established the gigs dropped off there.

Oh he shot the band about 1980.

Last time I saw him was a Robert Plant gig at Wembley Arena when I was sat near the front. Think he invited me backstage but I couldn't hang about that evening.

I was backstage for the Kiss gig at Bingley.

Amazing thing I saw in Toronto. Maybe it's common in North America, I don't know. When I stayed at the Toronto Marriot City Centre (then called the Renaissance, I'm pretty sure), I wandered down to have a drink in the bar. One whole side of it was glassed, and you looked directly down onto the Blue Jays stadium. I mean by that you were actually ‘in’ the stadium. Unfortunately, there was no baseball going on. I was fairly blown away. Sorry, nothing to do with gigs and bands. Back on topic.
Yeah sure. You were there at the Red Sox game, weren't you?

Check at 40 secs into the clip.

https://deadspin.com/the-c-roll-stash-part-1-sex-above-the-skydome-nsfw-5841893

Sadly Angel and Starz were not in their glory days or the full line-ups. Angel was last year in a small venue in Camden; it's just Punky and Frank. I saw them the year before in the same place and they were very good and got a great response so donned the white outfits and came back as Angel. Frank's voice has held up well and they have a decent set of musicians with them. Pity the can't the demand isn't there fro them to do theatres with a full show.

So you know Silverwing? I actually have a photo of Silverwing's drummer with Frank and Punky taken backstage at their gig in Stoke that he sent to me. Silverwing's drummer was best man at my wedding. The 'wing morphed into a band called Pet Hate and they had an album (Bad Publicity) produced by Eddie Leonetti who had produced the last two Angel studio albums. Bad Publicity had a cover inspired by the original idea for the Sinful album and Frank and Punky knew about that. I used to roadie for Silverwing and do their lights in my Uni days.
Good stuff, OB1. Cheers.
I remember Silverwing from SOUNDS rock weekly. "Rock and Roll are 4 letter words, " "Flash bomb fever ." Legends!
Used to see the 2 brothers at gigs at the Apollo. They had satin tour jackets with Silverwing on the back!
Forgot about Pet Hate, will YouTube them.
Loved Angel and Starz. Finally got a Starz t shirt this summer!
Really liked "Lost and Lonely " by Punky and Frank a few years ago.

Good stuff, OB1. Cheers.
I remember Silverwing from SOUNDS rock weekly. "Rock and Roll are 4 letter words, " "Flash bomb fever ." Legends!
Used to see the 2 brothers at gigs at the Apollo. They had satin tour jackets with Silverwing on the back!
Forgot about Pet Hate, will YouTube them.
Loved Angel and Starz. Finally got a Starz t shirt this summer!
Really liked "Lost and Lonely " by Punky and Frank a few years ago.

The lyrics to Flash Bomb Fever were written by Geoff Barton, who was a Sounds journalist at the time, with the wonderfully politically incorrect line: "more bombs than Dresden"!

The brothers did wear Satin bomber jackets to gigs for a time although I don't recall any Silverwing ones TBH, at one point a few of us had different colour ones. I shan't confess to which colour mine was but there's a good chance I was with them when you saw them.

I had a Starz t-shirt way back and made the criminal error of cutting the sleeves off to make it capped sleeve.

I've got Punky's solo album. Have you heard the Angel album they released last year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.