Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t expect him to come in and be scoring 50 goals and 30 assists but without a doubt he would make us a better team.

Using this seasons current stats is a bit unfair, there’s so many things going on that it’s almost impossible for him to perform at his best.

If you saw the Barca vs Betis game though you’ll see how much he can change a game. He came on and ran the show and won Barca the game, his passing and vision was incredible.

Enjoying the 2nd half of that Betis game again tonight, remarkable how much the match really was elevated with Leo on - night & day impact, even for Griezmann. But everyone was better from De Jong & Alba to Dembele & Busquets

Yeah, his frustrations clear to see when hounded on his arrival from a transatlantic flight. Bartomeu/Rosell may be out but Grupo Godo continuing to pressure him out by proxy. It's nauseating, even with Font/Laporta I now see an almost mission impossible to convince him to stay.

Adding insult to injury, Spanish treasury boarded his plane upon arrival in Spain for an hour on the tarmac. He's being hounded by design. It will no longer be a question of sporting project to convince but protecting him from the Nuñistas that destroy our heroes. 2nd half of season will be interesting because this is the first public comment he has really made since his August interview

Last edited:
What has Griezman's uncle been saying?

He basically complained that the reason Griezmann is doing badly at Barcelona is that the training sessions didn't suit Griezmann because he needs to work really hard in training to play well in games, and Messi and others don't. It's not fair that the training sessions are set up to get the best out of Messi and some other players and not Griezmann.

It was a bizarre attack because there's nothing to stop Griezmann doing extra work, and obviously Messi at 33 isn't going to run himself into the ground Monday to Friday to prepare for the weekend's game.

So presumably Messi goes to his usual RW drifting into the middle role. KDB spends more time drifting out on the right where he likes to put in those obscene crosses. Gundogan can be dropped (or moved to 6) because now Messi is controlling the game, which means Bernardo or Foden can come into the 8 role and it doesn't matter that they don't look after the ball because Messi is doing it.

Mahrez sits on the bench. Sterling has to compete with Ferran. when the opposition have the ball at the keeper's feet Jesus probably does the pressing for Messi, while Foden/Bernardo do the CF pressing role.

I was wondering earlier if the reason we feel a bit incomplete is because Pep was really planning for Messi to come in and replacing Silva's influence in possession.

If so, I guess you pay what you need to in January to make it work. Ideally I think i'd rather this happens in the summer though.

does seem to be an increase in rumours about this tbh

I'd imagine we are too stubborn to pay a fee in Jan if we could get him for free in summer even if it meant a real crack at the CL this year

If elections can be called up sooner than a January transfer might be possible otherwise unlikely since the interim management council will not be able to make a significant move/sale since setting elections for the 3rd week of January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.