Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we all agree he doesnt want to be at Barca & like City they need a big lift right now

Lots of people at City will say no way or to old but he is exactly what we need right now around the edges, we are fucking struggling big time.

How many times last night did you see Walker get passed the fullback???

He doesnt when Mahrez plays thats the answer.

Messi outside right with Walker pushing on would be so much better than Mahrez he holds that ball, step overs then fucks it up

Messi would thrive playing short balls with Kev, Phil, Bernardo so anyone worried about him being to old then dont be

He aint going to come & run 100m everytime & yes he wont track back all the time but he will give everything he's got for 2 years & that my friends inc youngsters learning from the master is better than another 2 years of fucking Mahrez

Watching him last night like a traffic cone against Atletico. Barca played with 10 men for most of the game. He’s miles off what he was even 2 years ago. Maybe if we had a young energetic team around him it would work but he’s not what’s needed regardless of how it would lift the profile of the club.
I agree and if we did get him it has the possibility of being just as damaging as it could be a positive - that is the scale we face

I would rather we went and got a world class forward, pivot and winger and built it with what we have in place

But something tells me the club see the marketing opportunity as too big a thing to miss and also the pep reunification side of it seems to smack of getting a CL within the next 2 years before his contract expires

She is la liga presenter in the UK

Who is saying city have closed the door on signing messi

Some delusion in this thread this morning. Messi finished, won't provide anything to the team, going backwards, city as bad as Barca.

I think you all need to have a lie down.

Lets not sign the greatest player of all time so we can continue watching FFS Mahrez kick the ball off the pitch 4 times a week and then play cracking passes to the opposing CB allowing them to break on us and score. Yep, sounds a better idea.

How about neither Mahrez or Messi and we sign a younger, hungrier player who will play for us for years rather than a desperate stop gap?

How about neither Mahrez or Messi and we sign a younger, hungrier player who will play for us for years rather than a desperate stop gap?
Such as?
Don’t say Felix, Sancho, Mbappe or Haaland, not a single one of them has ever remotely been interested in signing for us. Never mind in January.

Never mind the question of, are we in a position to be trying young players to see if they will make it? We are in the bottom half of the table and going backwards quickly.

Such as?
Don’t say Felix, Sancho, Mbappe or Haaland, not a single one of them has ever remotely been interested in signing for us. Never mind in January.

Never mind the question of, are we in a position to be trying young players to see if they will make it? We are in the bottom half of the table and going backwards quickly.

No idea. Im not paid to scout. There are people at the club on huge paydays who (with a few exceptions) keep fucking up with the players being brought in.

We seem to mostly get mediocre players for 50-60m.

No idea. Im not paid to scout. There are people at the club on huge paydays who (with a few exceptions) keep fucking up with the players being brought in.

We seem to mostly get mediocre players for 50-60m.
Well I don’t think there’s any out there. As you say it seems our limit is 50-60m. If that is the case, then Messi at 50m is right where we want it.
At this rate we might have to put 50M on the table to save our season.

Close the thread it’s not happening as the lady says we’ve shut the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.