Bus parking for beginners

We used to have quite a bit of success by being patient, stretching teams and tiring them out by retaining possession and passing the ball at pace from one side of the pitch to another. We seem to have stopped doing this now, are very impatient in our approach play and have suddenly resorted to floaty crosses in to no one as you alluded to.

Its simple , teams have worked us out , they will let us have 70-80% possession because they know we will just shuffle the ball around their penalty area , play it back to our centre backs, the stats will look great , number of passes , pass completion etc etc , the main stat is we cant score goals
The opposition only need 3 or 4 shots on target because they know at least one or two of them will end up in our net , they also know Walker or A.N.Other will give a penalty away if they can fall down in our penalty box
Its quite sad , two years ago we were the best team on the planet and now look at that sad state of affairs at Spurs , we need young hungry players , Mahrez,Gundo,Rodri,Dinho,Mendy,Aguero are either too slow , not interested or coming to the end of their careers, either promote players like Doyle , Palmer , DeLap to the match day squad or sign new players in January , but a clear out is needed , at least six players could leave tomorrow and wouldnt be missed.

Some people refuse to accept that we are in bizarre times. Almost back to back seasons and a stupid amount of football. The evidence is right there before your eyes if choose to look at the table and the fixtures. Kev looks knackered? Really? Who knew?

Excellent use of hyperbole though. I doff my cap. If you don’t mind, I won‘t panic.
I wasn’t purporting to have any revolutionary solutions up my sleeve, and yeh our ‘crisis’ is unquestionably relative and born partly of the crushing number of fixtures. It perhaps hasn’t helped that we’ve played nearly all of the best counterattacking teams in the league in our opening 8 games either, but nor is the problem going to go away of its own accord. We either come up with a solution pronto, or we will face this most suffocating of tactics in each of our remaining 30 games - bar maybe Leeds at home and the grievers away

Overcoming the low block has been an ongoing problem for us over the last 12 to 18 months. In order to resolve this you need width, pace and quick slick passing imo.

Playing with inverted wingers is not working at present and this slow build up is so frustrating and against a bus parking Mourinho side will achieve little. Foden needs to be played on a regular basis and will certainly offer a lot more than Mahrez.

It's not great for us when teams park the bus but it works more often than not & it won't be changing anytime soon.
It's up to Pep to come up with the answers to it and soon, otherwise this season will be another 'transitional season.
He's paid tens of millions a year to come up with the answers now, with the squad he already has at his disposal....and not only when he has the perfect player in each position

We were shite for most of last season too. Keep burying your head but we aren’t suddenly going to miraculously start playing great free flowing football again with this current team and system. Kev looks like he’s lost pace not like he’s not able to graft, same happened to Sanchez at the same age. Don’t think that’s going to suddenly come back if he has a months rest but would love to be proved wrong.
I didn’t say we were great last season. Nor am I burying my head. We’ve been dealt a hand which a whole host of circumstances have conspired to bring us to a level way below what we were all spoiled by. Not having a diva strop because it isn’t going our way is not burying my head. I strongly suspect last season’s pattern will continue into this one. Two or three wins followed by a shocker. Our group of players are running on empty, and I’m not making excuses as it must be the same for other clubs. FFP has successfully, (for those forces wanting to stymy our progress) shaped our transfer strategy, bad runs of injuries, loss of form (some manufactured by main stream and social media in Bernardo’s case), influential players retiring or reaching the end of their career, the effects of Covid-19 creating a strange environment for football and contributing to a fixture pile up.
How do you fix that? If you expect a 98/100 point league campaign off the back of that then I think it’s you burying your head in the sand. I do get it though. You either sit in the “happy clapper“ camp or “drama queen“ camp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.