Bus parking for beginners

Bus parking has been here for the past three years, it’s nothing new and teams havent worked us out

the problem is that we have changed, we haven’t adequately replaced key players , especially in midfield. Silva and Fernandinho are massive losses, Rodri isn’t the answer and must be moved on at the end of the season, we need a more dynamic player in his place. Gundogan isn’t fit to lace Daves boots and also needs moving on

the second issue is that for some reason all our forwards now want the ball to feet , we need more movement in behind, what’s happeNed to the dink over the top or the ball played in between the fullback

this season is going to be a long one to endure but we must rebuild the squad and get players in that can play the football we want to play

hopefully Pep has the balls to get rid of some of his favourites

Mahrez, Rodri, mendy, stones and Gundogan should all be gone

Last edited:
Pep is not obviously going to turn to a park the bus manager so if we are changing our playstyle to park the bus and counter we might as well sack pep and hire Sam allardyce for the job

The quiet triumphalism of Pep signing what is in effect (given that we’re only 8 games into this campaign) a 3 year deal on Thursday, lasted about 48 hours. As long as it took for Jose Mourinho to become the latest manager to exploit an Achilles Heel so large it would probably require a boot from the Apollo XI mission to cover it adequately, in fact.
Bus parking (and associated counterattacking) is not a new phenomenon, but the prevalence of it is, to the point that I’ve begun to relish match day about as much as a trip to the dentist. You know exactly what’s coming and you know it’s going to be painful = like pulling teeth in fact! At the back end of last season United did it to us and won, Chelsea did it to us and won, Southampton did it to us and won, Arsenal did it to us and won, Lyon did it to us and won. Following suit this season, Leicester did it to us and won, West Ham did it to us and drew, Spurs did it to us and won.
10 goals in 8 games tells its own story.
Two years ago we had a turbo charged generational talent in Sane hugging one flank, Sterling hugging the other, Dave sitting between the bank of 5 and the bank of 4. poking little balls inside the full backs, and if anyone managed to smuggle a pass out past the front line press, then Fernandinho would nail the recipient in the blink of an eye, and any parked buses would buckle under the strain eventually.
Those players and that balance have gone from the squad. It takes two men to do Fernandinho’s job, both of them chronically slow and incapable of pressing effectively (with the gormless free kick conceded for ‘shoves from behind’ tally off the scale), Kev looks knackered, Sergio’s another year older, we’ve got inverted wingers floating inswinging balls over to no-one (and harmlessly out over the dead ball line for goal kicks) and don’t even get me started on Mahrez. In short we’ve got a squad built for playing a particular way, but without the attributes to play that way effectively. And yet we keep trying to play that way, even though everyone now knows how to thwart us.
The question is what can we do about it? We can’t wave a magic wand and make Rodri and Gundogan quicker, we can’t force feed Mahrez a king sized tub of Creatine or get him a heart, we can’t prevent Mendy and Walker from making impulsive challenges. So what can we do given the players at our disposal? I don’t have an answer myself, but if we don’t come up with one soon we won’t be playing European football next season, with all the financial implications that will have, cos parked buses are all we’re going to face from here on in. If anyone’s got any ideas please tell Pep quick
Depressingly accurate .

We used to have quite a bit of success by being patient, stretching teams and tiring them out by retaining possession and passing the ball at pace from one side of the pitch to another. We seem to have stopped doing this now, are very impatient in our approach play and have suddenly resorted to floaty crosses in to no one as you alluded to.
This endless crossing is doing my nut in when usually the crosses are straight to an opponent or when the cross is too high for one of our small strikers to head.

This endless crossing is doing my nut in when usually the crosses are straight to an opponent or when the cross is too high for one of our small strikers to head.

I remember it starting at Norwich last year when we got beat and it now seems to be part of the game plan. Christ knows why. Have we scored any goals from crosses like this. I can’t remember too many.

one bit of comfort

we are saving a small fortune by

not be allowed into the stadium

and paying for this turgid predictable shit
Also, next season we’ll save some more as we won’t be in Europe.
Its simple , teams have worked us out , they will let us have 70-80% possession because they know we will just shuffle the ball around their penalty area , play it back to our centre backs, the stats will look great , number of passes , pass completion etc etc , the main stat is we cant score goals
The opposition only need 3 or 4 shots on target because they know at least one or two of them will end up in our net , they also know Walker or A.N.Other will give a penalty away if they can fall down in our penalty box
Its quite sad , two years ago we were the best team on the planet and now look at that sad state of affairs at Spurs , we need young hungry players , Mahrez,Gundo,Rodri,Dinho,Mendy,Aguero are either too slow , not interested or coming to the end of their careers, either promote players like Doyle , Palmer , DeLap to the match day squad or sign new players in January , but a clear out is needed , at least six players could leave tomorrow and wouldnt be missed.
They haven’t worked us out as such. We’re just nowhere near as good at it, as we have nowhere near as good players trying to do it, as we used to.

I’ve been calling for a clear out since the appalling Arsenal+Lyon performances. It’s much needed.

Also, next season we’ll save some more as we won’t be in Europe.

They haven’t worked us out as such. We’re just nowhere near as good at it, as we have nowhere near as good players trying to do it, as we used to.

I’ve been calling for a clear out since the appalling Arsenal+Lyon performances. It’s much needed.
when we pissed the league in 2018
we had a big stranglehold on the prem
all we needed was one big new name to keep it fresh
it didn't happen,and we scraped over the line in a monumental battle with liverpool
its never happened going back to 2012 when mancini wanted hazzard and got 4 donkeys too
its like the heirarchy dont want to take advantage of this simple fact

this predicament we are now in has been on the cards for 4 or 5 years when we knew
the bedrock of the 2012 team was coming to an end
the recruitment is just not good enough and everyone knows it
apart from KDB its just not been good enough
its boring to keep highlighting this
but its just so true.

when we pissed the league in 2018
we had a big stranglehold on the prem
all we needed was one big new name to keep it fresh
it didn't happen,and we scraped over the line in a monumental battle with liverpool
its never happened going back to 2012 when mancini wanted hazzard and got 4 donkeys too
its like the heirarchy dont want to take advantage of this simple fact

this predicament we are now in has been on the cards for 4 or 5 years when we knew
the bedrock of the 2012 team was coming to an end
the recruitment is just not good enough and everyone knows it
apart from KDB its just not been good enough
its boring to keep highlighting this
but its just so true.
Scraped over the line with 98 points....

I’d like to see Ferran and Raz get a run in the team together. Hugging the touch line and with licence to switch sides. Behind them I’d give Ake a run when fit with Walker and ask them just to be solid. That might help nullify the counter attack and give the front 4/5 a bit more space. When we attack there are about 19 players within 30 feet of each other

I think its the number of games and lack of rest is main problem has been for last few seasons we've played fast flowing football but since world cup not really been same and now with covid and congested fixture list it won't get any better and euros summer so not much rest in summer for players either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.