Forward!!!!

Peps tenure is starting to shape up a lot like pellegrinis. Dynamic exciting attacking football has turned to slow predictable uninspiring stuff, wondering if he has a plan b.

I remember pellegrinis 3rd season thinking its almost like he's coached a sense of fear into the players. They've gone from being fast, direct, taking risks and making runs for each other to endless sideways and backwards passes. Committing suicide every other week with a ridiculously high line doesn't help.

Inverted wingers has just exacerbated the problem as we slowly make our way towards a packed box with wingers who are only capable of turning inside toward it causing more congestion. For me losing sanes pace and width and dinhos intensity and forward passing has hurt us the more than anything.

As far as the mahrez conundrum goes, you have to wonder who gave the go ahead to buy him in the first place. He's a quality player no doubt but his work rate was always suspect but less of an issue with Leicester as the rest were well drilled and ran around like men possessed. He thrived in a counter attacking team where he had space to run at and ended up in plenty of 1 on 1 situations. We did play some great counter attack but we did it with natural wingers. We're so slow now that he'd need to be peak messi to get through the traffic we create for ourselves. We need to get rid asap

Pep is stubborn. He won't change from inverted wingers unless the captain tells him that discrete soundings have shown the team to be very dissatisfied with that way of playing. Time for player power!
Worrying if the players have to tell him what needs fixing though. Meant to be best coach in the world. I’d be very concerned if we had a player revolt

Worrying if the players have to tell him what needs fixing though. Meant to be best coach in the world. I’d be very concerned if we had a player revolt
Yes, but the fans see what is wrong, the Athletic carried an article doubting our inverted wingers, yet we persist.

I watched one particular attack in the 2nd half. Ffs had it and did exactly as you described, again!! In the meantime while he was fucking about stopping, coming inside, getting on his left, I swear I saw 4 or 5 spurs players jog past him and back into defence. It was painful to watch given what we know Peps teams can do and I'm sure this new no.2 isnt inspiring us either
I can only think Pep is just fine with him doing that because he does it so often. I find that staggering.

It is lost. The problem is that KDB is central to this side and he's on two star petrol and it's completely run through the engine. It's either total engine replacement or write off.

Drop him. Play Foden or Bernardo in that position. We wont do it.
And nor should we. Mahrez should be no where near this team. He’s holding us back. He was pretty good at Leicester but now has no pace or heart and is painful to watch when we go forward.

Big part of that is Jesus not being good enough. Watching Kane play yesterday and really pull our defenders all over, win fouls create space etc highlights that. No Sane to blitz someone for pace is also an issue.
And how do you think Kane would perform with a 10 man defence to get through for 90 minutes . Getting a bit pissed off with people complimenting players , teams and managers who park the bus and play shithouse football . I can understand teams with little resources stooping to park the bus tactics but not clubs like spuds and the rags . If City ever went down the park the bus root my season ticket would be thrown under a bus . Alright they got the 3 points but lets have it right some bad refereeing decisions , luck and bad finishing went their way . But really could not pay to watch that brand of football , ever .

And how do you think Kane would perform with a 10 man defence to get through for 90 minutes . Getting a bit pissed off with people complimenting players , teams and managers who park the bus and play shithouse football . I can understand teams with little resources stooping to park the bus tactics but not clubs like spuds and the rags . If City ever went down the park the bus root my season ticket would be thrown under a bus . Alright they got the 3 points but lets have it right some bad refereeing decisions , luck and bad finishing went their way . But really could not pay to watch that brand of football , ever .
I agree,but they are going to continue to employ such tactics as they get the result.By now,we should be expecting more teams to set up this way,and we should have an answer.......currently we just play into their hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.