COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
More good news. Was just thinking - which country will be first to start roll out of a vaccine? There are now several that appear close to getting approval and you’d think the convenience surrounding the Oxford one would mean we may be fortunate enough to be first

More good news. Was just thinking - which country will be first to start roll out of a vaccine? There are now several that appear close to getting approval and you’d think the convenience surrounding the Oxford one would mean we may be fortunate enough to be first
Yeah a big plus this one is UK based.

Call me a cynic but no matter what we've paid to international companies there's little to stop them selling to another higher bidder or a Trump like grasp by some countries.

From what I read and hear, people who have worries over such a hurriedly developed and trialed vaccine, aren't anti vaxxers as such, but are concerned with any long term side effects, that whatever the government say to allay those fears, can only be proven with time itself...
But it’s not ‘time’ as such that’s going to prove it. It’s other people going first. So those that’s say ‘I’m going to wait and see’ are really saying ‘I’ll let someone else take the risk’. And if we all say that, then what?

Fantastic news from Oxford/Astrazeneca. Good enough is good enough - slightly lower efficacy than reported for Pfizer/Moderna doesn't matter.

Hopefully sufficient supplies to get our whole population vaccinated by the middle of next year, and to make a decent start on the entire world. This vaccine is cheap enough for any country (being provided at cost initially, 5-10x cheaper than Pfizer/Moderna)

Need our blues to improve quickly, 'cos we might just, if everything goes perfectly and with a following wind, see a full crowd for the FA cup final the way this is going now.

Rejoice! The end is in sight!

[and FFS keep up the social distancing. A lot of people could die yet in the next six months]

Hopefully the government will embark on a public awareness campaign to allay any fears and expose any myths being perpetrated by the anti-vaxxers.
It may need some shock tactics, a bit like the smoking ads. Show the distressing scenes of people in the last stage of life due to contracting Covid and then show how this can be avoided by a couple of routine vaccinations. The images of people dying on hospital floors in Northern Italy early this year were some of the most harrowing scenes I've ever seen, truly horrific.

It may need some shock tactics, a bit like the smoking ads. Show the distressing scenes of people in the last stage of life due to contracting Covid and then show how this can be avoided by a couple of routine vaccinations. The images of people dying on hospital floors in Northern Italy early this year were some of the most harrowing scenes I've ever seen, truly horrific.
Tell the morons they won't be able to go on holiday, go in pubs, even work. I will tell you now that every steward/stewardess won't be getting on a plane if they have had no vaccine.

I think it will be more effective if they just deploy David Attenborough to inform, plus a few others that are trusted.

Brilliant news.
Tbh it's been a bit quiet on the anti-vaxx front (at least the more conservative ones). Probably as sick to death of life at the moment as everyone else...and this is sounding like a fast track way out of this.
I've also seen a lot of 'debunking' articles on the web over the past week. Perhaps it's embarrassing them into submission.

Whilst this AZ/Oxford news is fantastic there's still a huge amount of optimism around the mRNA vaccines: not only for COVDI19 but for other potential diseases (and cancers) in the near future. Think it's surprised a lot of people and already a few are heralding it as important as the discovery of penicillin.

Great news this morning. Still confident we will be taking this vaccine.

Work will now begin to validate the manufacturing process, this work will take AT LEAST 2-4 weeks.
Unfortunately with setups like this, it's made in umpteen locations and each will have to be validated. Regulatory review will commence during this time and answers will be provided immediately. Pending no major findings, I'd expect approval/validation around Christmas time. Then the race is on to distribute.

Nice to see no corners cut. Vaccine is stable at 2-8C for up to 6 months and an anticipated 100s millions of doses should be available immediately after regulatory approval.

Great news this morning. Still confident we will be taking this vaccine.

Work will now begin to validate the manufacturing process, this work will take AT LEAST 2-4 weeks.
Unfortunately with setups like this, it's made in umpteen locations and each will have to be validated. Regulatory review will commence during this time and answers will be provided immediately. Pending no major findings, I'd expect approval/validation around Christmas time. Then the race is on to distribute.

Nice to see no corners cut. Vaccine is stable at 2-8C for up to 6 months and an anticipated 100s millions of doses should be available immediately after regulatory approval.
Can you recall how many doses of this vaccine the government ordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.