Pep's contract situation

Complete squad overhaul , as others have mentioned , Cancelo , Stones , Garcia , Zinchenko , Gundo , Rodri , Mahrez, Mendy , Bernardo , Roberts , Muric , Sandler , if we cant sell them , loan them out , they are not good enough , spend £500m on half a dozen top class replacements (the Dippers keep their Net Spend Cup) ,and FFP can f*ck off as well UEFA had their chance to stitch us up.Then we can give the likes of Doyle , Bellis , Palmer , Nmecha , Gomes some real hope of getting some games.

Would retain Dinho and Aguero for another season they are still useful squad players , but If it takes 12 months to turn around thats fine with me , we are City fans and are renowned for our patience , but at the moment we are playing pretty football and treading water , Pep is a brilliant coach and the club will back him 100% , so lets get rid of the deadwood

Out the door for me would be

Mendy, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Rodri, Mahrez, Fernandinho (retire) and Jesus
I agree, Jesus I'd keep though, for now at least.

Rather than buy a ready made DM for Rodri and Gundo I'd be giving Tommy Doyle some game time.

We have an academy set up the envy of the football world but we are only producing players for other clubs at the moment, or so it seems. Harrison and Povedo started for Leeds yesterday.

Pep has the pick of some very promising academy players and now is the time to give them a chance whilst we're in transition. If he is allowed to flash the cash and overlook our youth system we may as well start producing Wonka Bars instead of players: /

I agree with those who say we need to gut midfield and finally sort the left back and striker(s) out. In order to do that, we need a big chequebook as the quality of player we need is not cheap. We need to bring in 3 or 4 world class players - we're talking Mbappe, Benzema, Griezman, Felix etc here not more players for the future.

However, there's a big elephant in the room for me in how we've let the squad evolve.

For the quality of the players we've had over the last decade, we've made next to nothing on them. Obviously there's been the poor signings like Mangala, Bony etc who didn't work out, but the top class players we've had have mainly left for nothing or for pitiful amounts:

Hart - free, Kompany - free, Lescott - free, Zabaleta - free, Silva - free, Yaya - free, Nasri - £3m, De Jong - £3m, Barry - free, Fernandinho - likely free, Aguero - likely free. Balotelli - £18m, Bellamy - free, Dzeko - £10m. Milner - free, Tevez - free, Clichy - free. Johnson - £10m.

That squad now would win the title today, no problem and is better than the one we have now. But we made less than £50m or so from them once they left the club. It's not sustainable. We either have to make other clubs pay more - not easily done because of the wages - or we look at selling them before they go too far over the hill. Players like Walker and KdB are 30+ or so now and at the moment we could probably get £160m now for the pair... or nothing in 3-4 years time. Bernardo Silva was probably worth £100m a couple of years ago, but we'd not get anywhere near that now.

Now I'm not saying we should be selling players in their prime, but we have to start planning all this a bit better. It's no good holding on to a player until they retire as they play less games and lose their legs. We need to look at moving them on to bring some money back into the team so we can reinvest in their younger replacement.

Realistically there’s absolutely no one we could buy who would score more goals than Sterling from his natural wide position. When you say let’s get Mbappe, it’s just fantasy football stuff.

We are the richest club in europe , with the richest owners , the best coach in the world , with a blank cheque book , if we are mentioned when Messi is unhappy then why wouldnt Mbappe join us , your correct it is fantasy world and it has been since 2008.

If we know our Transfer policy we never go for big established names unlike real Madrid or Barcelona or do big money transfer Like 100 M + on a single player. we could argue that this method is incorrect but this is our transfer policy so far. And Mbappe has repeatedly said he doesn't want to join us.

Never seen a statement where MBappe has specifically stated he doesnt want to play for Manchester City and Pep Guadiola , send me the link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.