Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Jesus just isnt up to it for where we want to be
Jesus has been one of the positives so far this season and is absolutely good enough to be part of our squad. Your statement also implies therefore that Aguero IS good enough for where we want to be. I’m not seeing how he is a bigger part of our future than Jesus. He just isn’t. Certainly not a future that sees us back on top anyway. In the summer, when we’re conducting this rebuild, Aguero will be 33. He’ll also be injured. It will be a mistake to give him a new deal. But we’ll give him one because we never learn.

Last edited:
Would anyone trust Tkiki or Pep or whoever the fuck is responsible for transfers to actually get the players needed.
I mean left back has been a fucking joke for years now. They need to get it through their heads we need Pace and power. Slow players are killing us. Rodri,Mahrez, Gundogan,Zinchenko and sadly Bernardo(whos form has fallen off a cliff) all need replacing. Mendy not worth talking about. If he's not going to give youth a chance then we need a new scout or two. A powerful front man to give us something different should be a priority. Hard to believe we're at a stage where we're averaging a goal a game.

Last edited:
All the talk about shipping loads of players out and bringing real quality replacements in.....why is our recuitment suddenly going to get much better?
Still the same people, making the same decisions and spunking huge sums on players who turn out to be nothing special.

Out the door for me would be

Mendy, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Rodri, Mahrez, Fernandinho (retire) and J

Would anyone trust Tkiki or Pep or whoever the fuck is responsible for transfers to actually get the players needed.
I mean left back has been a fucking joke for years now. The need to get it through their heads we need Pace and power. Slow players are killing us. Rodri,Mahrez, Gundogan,Zinchenko and sadly Bernardo(whos form has fallen off a cliff) all need replacing. Mendy not worth talking about. If he's not going to give youth a chance then we need a new scout or two. A powerful front man to give us something different should be a priority. Hard to believe we're at a stage where we're averaging a goal a game.
We've bought about 5 Dele Allis

We are the richest club in europe , with the richest owners , the best coach in the world , with a blank cheque book , if we are mentioned when Messi is unhappy then why wouldnt Mbappe join us , your correct it is fantasy world and it has been since 2008.

Deluded and detached from reality.

I agree with those who say we need to gut midfield and finally sort the left back and striker(s) out. In order to do that, we need a big chequebook as the quality of player we need is not cheap. We need to bring in 3 or 4 world class players - we're talking Mbappe, Benzema, Griezman, Felix etc here not more players for the future.

However, there's a big elephant in the room for me in how we've let the squad evolve.

For the quality of the players we've had over the last decade, we've made next to nothing on them. Obviously there's been the poor signings like Mangala, Bony etc who didn't work out, but the top class players we've had have mainly left for nothing or for pitiful amounts:

Hart - free, Kompany - free, Lescott - free, Zabaleta - free, Silva - free, Yaya - free, Nasri - £3m, De Jong - £3m, Barry - free, Fernandinho - likely free, Aguero - likely free. Balotelli - £18m, Bellamy - free, Dzeko - £10m. Milner - free, Tevez - free, Clichy - free. Johnson - £10m.

That squad now would win the title today, no problem and is better than the one we have now. But we made less than £50m or so from them once they left the club. It's not sustainable. We either have to make other clubs pay more - not easily done because of the wages - or we look at selling them before they go too far over the hill. Players like Walker and KdB are 30+ or so now and at the moment we could probably get £160m now for the pair... or nothing in 3-4 years time. Bernardo Silva was probably worth £100m a couple of years ago, but we'd not get anywhere near that now.

Now I'm not saying we should be selling players in their prime, but we have to start planning all this a bit better. It's no good holding on to a player until they retire as they play less games and lose their legs. We need to look at moving them on to bring some money back into the team so we can reinvest in their younger replacement.
Let’s take a closer look at those outgoing players:
  • Hart - I’ll give you that one but his face didn’t fit and a newly arrived Pep was indulged. He’s since bombed but that’s hindsight.
  • Kompany, Lescott, Zab, Merlin, Barry, Bellamy and Clichy - at or near the end of their careers and/or rewarded for good service. Not a bad example to set.
  • Fern, Kun - still here but may yet fall into the same category as above. If so, who would complain?
  • Nasri - shit attitude plus short contract eroded any market value.
  • Balotelli - decent fee obtained for an unreliable individual.
  • Johnson - soiled goods.
Why on earth would we sell KDB now? With TLC, he could remain our best player for 3 or 4 years. What worries me more is he’s being played into the ground.

While I agree with your point about succession planning and some of the acquisitions, your examples don’t help your case very much.

I mean left back has been a fucking joke for years now. They need to get it through their heads we need Pace and power. Slow players are killing us. Rodri,Mahrez, Gundogan,Zinchenko and sadly Bernardo(whos form has fallen off a cliff) all need replacing. Mendy not worth talking about. If he's not going to give youth a chance then we need a new scout or two. A powerful front man to give us something different should be a priority. Hard to believe we're at a stage where we're averaging a goal a game.
Quite a lot in this I agree with. Our recruitment over the last 3 years does not compare at all well with Liverpool.
That coupled with not making more of some great prospects is killing us at present

No it is as far as the title goes .
In all honesty I'm sure you didn't expect to win the title this year. So many players, good players have either left or retired in the last few years along with injury. We are in a process of rebuild, it won't happen overnight. Some of the signing in my opinion have been average to say the least but it's difficult to replace the likes of komps, Silva, sane, fernandinho and aguero, the last 2 injured or reaching the end of there careers. Patience!

Find Fernandinho mk2 and a lot of the problems go away for me, he was that important to us. I'm still gutted he's not capable anymore. I think he was the key for us.

Agree 100%.

Since he moved out of central midfield its where our problems started.

Our current defensive midfield two dont link up with our attackers as well, nor protect the back nor do they win the ball back quickly and sniff our danger when our fowards lose the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.