VAR Rules 2020/21

Yup, ball brushes Jesus's upper arm accidentally gaining him nothing, Dermot "definitely a handball, the referee is spot on". Ball hits Matip's hand that is outstretched hand, stopping the shot, Dermot "definitely not a handball, I'd never give a penalty for that, the referee is spot on".

Thanks Dermot
When he was asked about the handball in his post match interview Kevin De Bruyne referenced the inconsistency of decisions and pointedly said "they'll be someone on TV on Monday saying every decision they made was correct". He could've just said Dermott Gallagher's an arse licking twat and left it at that!

These cunts will only realise what they’ve done when attendances dwindle.....or maybe that’s what they want because theres 2 clubs whose crowds won’t be effected . What a plan !

but the so called 2 elite teams in england believe in it ? wonder why
as long the likes of united and liverpool get the rub of the green with VAR then its here to stay

Last edited:
but the so called 2 elite teams in england believe in it ? wonder why

as long the likes of united and liverpool get the rub of the green with VAR then its here to stay
Fans have power to get rid of it , it’s our game they’re destroying .
It would take an anti var movement run by people who know what they’re doing but it could be done .

Yup, ball brushes Jesus's upper arm accidentally gaining him nothing, Dermot "definitely a handball, the referee is spot on". Ball hits Matip's hand that is outstretched hand, stopping the shot, Dermot "definitely not a handball, I'd never give a penalty for that, the referee is spot on".

Thanks Dermot

Yet another example of blatant lying by a PiGMOL apologist .

Totally agree with you mate. If they are going to take our game to another level then mike up the refs.
Stop hiding everything. Fuck me the players ref the games themselves these days. It was supposed to be a head injury that stopped the game, but now fairly tackled players go down screaming for a foul and the ref feels obliged to give it/stop the game. Trippier the latest example for me last week for England, gets tackled perfectly well but stays down with trainers coming on to put pressure on the ref. Bollocks play football you pussies and stop fucking cheating the lot of you. Football seems the secondary part of being a professional these days behind acting/cheating. Does my fucking head in
Once upon a time the criteria for awarding a direct free kick was along the lines "Was he tripped, pushed, held, kicked, etc". Now it seems the preliminary to establishing any criteria is whether the player went down and/or screamed. Players have realised that a piercing scream as you go down pulls at the ref's whistle strings and yer've got more of a chance of a free kick than just getting ankle tapped but stay on yer feet. And the refs fall for it every fuckin' time, or, they collude. Dean's reffing of the Fulham v EFC game matched the shite he delivered at the last game he reffed us - get to the second half and yer fuckin' lucky if your side gets a free kick, unless it's delivered by the boot of one of the opposition. I would love refs to come on at FT and explain upto, say, five decisions that fans have texted in but, alas, there is no bigger set of arrogant whistlers in professional sport. It would deteriorate into another version of BBC Points of View - our pov is the correct one!

It would take an anti var movement run by people who know what they’re doing but it could be done .

i very much doubt it ?? the power is not in the hands of the fans the rules of the game never has been
also like i said if united and liverpool are given a bigger advantage in games then it stays

Last edited:

also ? football is now a tv sport that sells world wide and they love the drama of VAR

The FA, the PL and PiGMOL ore run by folk who listen to no one - well, perhaps a couple of clubs we could mention. They are the only ones who 'understand' what the game is about, what it needs, and how it could be improved. Witness the magnificent state in which the game now finds itself. The fair play handshake at the beginning of each game pervades the entire playing time - no cheating for frees, no attempting to get players booked or sent off, no timewasting, and a set of referees who are the embodiment of unimpeachable integrity aided and abetted by a system of video replays that deliver exactly to the paying public what has transpired on the pitch. We get results which reflect the whole happenings on the field. What more could fans ask for?

Dermot explains WBA penalty not being given -

"But even if he does get a stud on the ball, it doesn't preclude giving a penalty if he thinks it is a foul. The fact you get a touch on the ball doesn't negate further action. For me, I think he does get a touch on the ball and there is contact, but because there is contact doesn't necessarily mean it is a foul. I don't think there is enough contact to give a penalty."

Ok, so I agree with the reasoning, if you get a touch on the ball but follow through and get the player, if the follow through is sufficient, a penalty will be given.

Dermot explains why Villa don't get a penalty -

"I think this was definitely not a penalty. The angle the ball goes tells me that March has got a big touch on the ball. Then they've come together. March has clearly played that ball first - there's no doubt in my mind."

Errrrrr, what?

Tied himself up in knots in the same article, clown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.