COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mad round the shops in December normally....will be carnage after the lockdown.
That’s why I’ve done all my Christmas shopping already (presents).

I will do all the Christmas food shopping later on in the evenings nearer the time.

Regional scoreboard shock.

Everywhere down and London the biggest area again,

London 2075 - down from 2979.

Midlands 2020 - down from 2465.

North East 732 - down from 837. ~

Yorkshire 1667 - down from 1748.

And North West - bottom of the big league regions - where it is good to be. Just 1573 - down from 1994.

It is over two months since it has been that low and nearly 3 months since it was regularly around that level.

So it looks like a gamble.
Save retail by opening shops for the Xmas period and risk a third wave and lockdown in January after the inevitable Christmas blow out?
Interesting to see if the boy Whitty is happy with that risk.

Greater Manchester gets its lowest score for nearly 3 months at just 763. Only 3200 less than last Monday!!! Though that was due to the student reallocation to Manchester and Salford. More reflectively 10 days ago it was over 3 times this many at 2587.

48% of the NW total as the fall is right across the region. Liverpool had just 59 cases today. Its Pop score only went up 11 - better than half of even the best in GM - showing you how far they have fallen from the 507 they had 40 days ago.

In GM for the first time in - well - yonks - EVERY borough except Manchester was under 100. Yes even Wigan!

And Manchester had its lowest number for many weeks too.

You know things have changed extraordinarily for the better when Stockport had one of the relatively worst days in GM today despite falling slightly and being under 80 for the third day on the run.

Only Rochdale went up today and even they stayed under 100. As you will realise that means basket case Oldham for much of the pandemic was below 100 too for the first time in quite a while.

Latest 7 day rolling average of cases per 100,000 people (up to and inc. Weds 18th Nov)
View attachment 5742
Looking positive!

But will these daft ideas about a mad six days of mixing over Christmas just see these rocket back up again in the New Year?

Today, my Dad has told my Sister (5 of them in her house) that no matter what Boris says about Christmas this week, he doesn’t want my Sister and family to go and see them over Christmas. My Mother has lupus so her immune system is very poor (and she was one of those who got a shielding letter back in April). It will be a bit sad for my Mam+Dad not to see their 2, 6 and 8 year old grandchildren but at least they’re being sensible.

I wonder how many other households would do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.