Bus parking for beginners

Quote - 'Only ways out of this are play teams at their own game, we are going to have to give up on possession of ball slightly so that the game is spread across more of the pitch. When we do get the ball we need to transition much quicker and start to play the game at pace again. Pick players in positions to suit.'

Agree with this. We will be up against the 'low block' from now on (except maybe Leeds who just outrun everyone to death). Most teams will now have ten men in their own half plus their keeper, 5 of which will run like fuck when an interception takes place and that's a guarantee of a good chance for them. Remember Bravo, almost every match where he'd let a goal in, he was one on one with the striker. Fast forward to Spurs last weekend. Ederson two one on ones = 2 goals. Maybe the double pivot in certain games because sure as shit stinks, neither of them can do the box to box thing.

Ah yes but then Mahrez won’t be able to check back inside, he’ll be expected to run and take his full back on.
He wouldn’t be playing then but Sterling might actually take people on down the right and then we might start to stretch teams again.

Ah yes but then Mahrez won’t be able to check back inside, he’ll be expected to run and take his full back on.

when you look at mahrez at Leicester he was the out ball to hit teams on the break and that is easy to beat somebody one on one ? at city we use him as a winger and when he faces up his first defender and you know they double up and make him go back or across the middle

He wouldn’t be playing then but Sterling might actually take people on down the right and then we might start to stretch teams again.
I think Sterling is starting to lose his pace, which is taking his confidence down severely

There are a myriad of reasons.

However, the main one for me is the fact Fernandinho is no longer Fernandinho.

He was extremely Important to our team, the style and the strategy.

The man never need to "put fires out" because he was that attuned he could smell the matches in the opposition's pockets before they even had chance to rattle their packets, let alone start fires.

The replacement is

1. Not the same "type"

2. Very average at the "type" he actually is

Rodri has, in short, been a fucking disaster.

He's a Rola Cola version of Busquets and we all know that a Busquets type is not what a top prem midfield needs.

The signing is Mangala levels of baffling. He doesn't "fit" and anyone who can read the game can see that.

There are plenty of other issues but for me this is where they all stem from.

best and simple way of beating a defences wall is to shoot from outside of the box
even if you make the keeper save it the more chances of the keeper just push it out into the danger zone

also having the right players and system ? its no good having jesus or aguero looking for headers from crosses out wide
the need for a big striker to hit and picking up the knock downs. for me we are far to focus on working the gap from out wide. teams have worked out that letting us have the ball out wide and banking up in the middle. because the lack of bodies city have in the box is crazy

city field map shows just how little touches our forwards have in the box ? its not rocket science and if you don't buy a ticket you will never win the lotto. another big change this season is the speed of movement of the ball ? we pass the hell out of the ball from side to side and back again. its like we get in great places and panic and pass it back ?

the amount of times our forward make a run only to see it passed sideways is crazy ? you see the heads of the striker drop because nobody see it. jesus is the best he's makes so many runs and nothing ? you can see the anger in him his arms are out wide shaking his head. he looks like he has given up and turns off
best and simple way of beating a defences wall is to shoot from outside of the box
even if you make the keeper save it the more chances of the keeper just push it out into the danger zone

also having the right players and system ? its no good having jesus or aguero looking for headers from crosses out wide
the need for a big striker to hit and picking up the knock downs. for me we are far to focus on working the gap from out wide. teams have worked out that letting us have the ball out wide and banking up in the middle. because the lack of bodies city have in the box is crazy

city field map shows just how little touches our forwards have in the box ? its not rocket science and if you don't buy a ticket you will never win the lotto. another big change this season is the speed of movement of the ball ? we pass the hell out of the ball from side to side and back again. its like we get in great places and panic and pass it back ?

the amount of times our forward make a run only to see it passed sideways is crazy ? you see the heads of the striker drop because nobody see it. jesus is the best he's makes so many runs and nothing ? you can see the anger in him his arms are out wide shaking his head. he looks like he has given up and turns off

I saw something the other day saying we are in the top 3 for shots from Outside the box but have only scored once from something like 27 attempts.

The problem for me is we are just too slow in everything we do. Opposition teams can regroup easily and we lose momentum. even when we do move it quickly initially. It always slows down.

De Bruyne the other day was flying forward at pace and had three options, Torres, Jesus and Mahrez. They had maybe 3/4 defenders back so it was a good opportunity. Jesus and Torres didn’t make good runs and so he was left with a choice of Mahrez. The minute it went to him, the attack slowed right down and they then had 6/7 back by the time Mahrez finally tried to do something which he failed miserably at.

I saw something the other day saying we are in the top 3 for shots from Outside the box but have only scored once from something like 27 attempts.

The problem for me is we are just too slow in everything we do. Opposition teams can regroup easily and we lose momentum. even when we do move it quickly initially. It always slows down.

De Bruyne the other day was flying forward at pace and had three options, Torres, Jesus and Mahrez. They had maybe 3/4 defenders back so it was a good opportunity. Jesus and Torres didn’t make good runs and so he was left with a choice of Mahrez. The minute it went to him, the attack slowed right down and they then had 6/7 back by the time Mahrez finally tried to do something which he failed miserably at.

yep the team is not firing and finding any sort of form is hard going

the missing thing is KDB and his magic ? he looks well of the pace and truth be told needs a rest for me
i have a feeling tomorrow pep will rest KDB in favour of phil foded or B.silva. we are in control of the group and its only playing for finishing first or second. forget one more win if city are not good enough to get just 1 point from 3 games then we really are a crap team

i see pep fooling a lot of people in the line up tomorrow and 5 or 6 changes and KBD on the bench

Quote - 'Only ways out of this are play teams at their own game, we are going to have to give up on possession of ball slightly so that the game is spread across more of the pitch. When we do get the ball we need to transition much quicker and start to play the game at pace again. Pick players in positions to suit.'

Agree with this. We will be up against the 'low block' from now on (except maybe Leeds who just outrun everyone to death). Most teams will now have ten men in their own half plus their keeper, 5 of which will run like fuck when an interception takes place and that's a guarantee of a good chance for them. Remember Bravo, almost every match where he'd let a goal in, he was one on one with the striker. Fast forward to Spurs last weekend. Ederson two one on ones = 2 goals. Maybe the double pivot in certain games because sure as shit stinks, neither of them can do the box to box thing.

We are already sending 5 attackers against a back 9. When we double pivot that makes it 4 against 9 and we look even worse while Gundogan and Rodri play square balls to each other

yep the team is not firing and finding any sort of form is hard going

the missing thing is KDB and his magic ? he looks well of the pace and truth be told needs a rest for me
i have a feeling tomorrow pep will rest KDB in favour of phil foded or B.silva. we are in control of the group and its only playing for finishing first or second. forget one more win if city are not good enough to get just 1 point from 3 games then we really are a crap team

i see pep fooling a lot of people in the line up tomorrow and 5 or 6 changes and KBD on the bench

Think I read earlier that he didn't make the trip to Greece.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.