Happy Clapper thread

lasereyes

Am I happy with our league position? Hell no. But I dont think things are half as gloomy as many make out. We got 1 point from Scouser and Spurs games, but on another day, it could have been 6. Kev slots his penalty, then we likely win that game. And we could easily have scored 3 against Spurs: first KDB's drive is destined for the bottom corner except it hits Jesus who is on the ground; then Jesus's was a handball, but marginal and clearly much less blatant than TAA's last year and no worse than Llorente's in the CL; and finally Mahrez goes down in the penalty box when clipped and surely it's a spot kick.

Meanwhile, all the squad is finally fit, the defence is mostly looking more solid, and our three new boys are settling in decently. We have qualified for the CL scoring 10 and conceding 1, allowing us to rest some players in the last two match rounds. And the uncertainty over Pep is gone or at least another year.

Sure maybe I need to wipe my very blue-tinted specs. But it looks likely that nobody will run away with this season's title. Could well be like 2013/14 where 86 points won it after we had lost 4 of our first 12 games and were sitting in 10th place as I recall.

We have Chelsea-Spurs and Spurs-Scousers coming up. A couple of draws, and suddenly we could be right back in the mix. Oh and win the derby so we are back above the Scum. It's very 2020 to see them ahead of us in the league ...

I’m not concerned about the way things are going this season. We’ve addressed our biggest problem which was the centre halves. Pep will get everything right from that base.
I feel the same generally, I think the football is there, but I do have a worry, and that is clear from the last 2 games, 44 shots, 16 on target, 1 goal, it's bordering on ridiculous, and needs sorting out, it was last seasons problem at times, but it's got worse.

I feel the same generally, I think the football is there, but I do have a worry, and that is clear from the last 2 games, 44 shots, 16 on target, 1 goal, it's bordering on ridiculous, and needs sorting out, it was last seasons problem at times, but it's got worse.
Missing chances is definitely a problem. But we’ve got the personnel and management to address it, I believe. I remember a couple of years ago, maybe the beginning of the centurions season, and we had the same problem. Me and my dad kept saying “We are going to put ten past someone soon” and suddenly everything clicked and we were getting 4,5,6 every week. It feels like that to me-that we just need to tweak things. It’s much better to be making chances and missing them than not making them at all.

It’s much better to be making chances and missing them than not making them at all.
Yes I agree.

To be honest we've always had this issue of missed chances with Pep, but if you score 3 or 4 from 25 goal attempts, it's not an issue, we almost always win, but while we are scoring 0 or 1, it becomes an issue, because we are one bit of bad luck/bad defending from going behind, and when we go behind, we struggle to get it back.

We'll win the league, no doubt in my mind.
Was about to post my own overly optimistic blue-tinted take on events, but I now consider myself out done. Please bump this post and call me a **** in May if you are right and I'll send you the price of a pint as a paypal gift with pleasure.

Last season and this one I think will be rare disappointments caused by a bit of a perfect storm. To be fair if you could choose a couple of seasons to be underwhelming then these two would probably be the ones...

In terms of the future I think there is plenty to look forward too, though happy clappers maybe get a tad carried away and fail to see some blatantly obvious weaknesses that need to be addressed, as does Pep it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.