COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 days is two days too long for me , it is risky , i cant believe that nobody is not going to be hugging family and friends and there wont be more parties and raves etc
Agreed plus it's not just the five days around Xmas, the blow out actually starts on December 3 ( or is it 4?) when people hit the streets to shop and party (as much as the tier they're in allows).
PS forgot about test,track and trace - that should be in better shape now (which was one of the reasons for the lockdown) so hopefully will prevent cases rising in December?

Last edited:
5 days is two days too long for me , it is risky , i cant believe that nobody is not going to be hugging family and friends and there wont be more parties and raves etc
It is high risk and I guess the 5 days is partly to reduce the risk of infections spreading in packed train carriages as people travel to see relatives etc. I agree that it’s better if households aren’t mixing wherever it can be avoided.

It's not what I read last night on the BBC's "What Tier will I be in" has it changed ? or are they just clueless like in football ?
Im not sure. Ive found this link. But dont know where Glossop fits. Only interested as my sister lives on the boundary.

This just goes to show what abject stupidity it is to let everyone loose at Xmas. Blow all the progress that has been made and for what?
I think he assessed the risk of what would happen if he didn't and is banking on most sticking to what's been put in place for Christmas. Had he not done that he rightly imo, would be expecting far too many "going for it"

I think he assessed the risk of what would happen if he didn't and is banking on most sticking to what's been put in place for Christmas. Had he not done that he rightly imo, would be expecting far too many "going for it"
I think he said in his press conference yesterday that he was allowing people to get together 'because frankly they were going to do it anyway'. May not be verbatim, but the point is the same. Better some guidelines/rules than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.